Teens thread!??

Posted by: mean_fighter

Teens thread!?? - 06/13/06 11:45 PM

why not there be a teenaged thread where teenaged martial artist can get together and talk about the temptations of using martial arts in school? I know talkin about bullies against the rules but shouldnt there be a place where we can talk or atleast vent about these things?And heck!!!! why not allow some cursen there to? LOL
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 12:12 AM

Why not there be?

Because nobody had started none. If you start you one, then there be one.

Cussin not be allowed, deal with it.

Posted by: Dereck

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 12:32 AM

If I may, do you really want a teen thread where you will vent and rant about things and then the others won't take you seriously. The whole idea of this forum is to treat everybody as equals no matter what their age or skill level. Obviously there are many people on here that have more experience in life and martial arts but they don't need their egos rubbed by having a forum of their own; the same goes with teens.

I have engaged many individuals on this forum in conversations that you would never guess they were teenagers as they expressed themselves well and gave well thought out answers/questions. There are many I highly respect and wish more teenagers would get the hint and do so as well.

All I see a teenager forum as being is nothing more then a play pen where a lot of supervision would be required. We don't get paid to baby-sit ... and if we did ... you couldn't afford me.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 05:13 AM

I agree with Dereck and Joel. This site is here for people to debate as equals. You are judged on the quality of your opinions and debate, not on your age, gender and experience. Also, a teenage thread is a very strange concept to me. I cannot believe that all teenagers would be interested in the same things or hold the same views. Therefore, how would the issues discussed differ from the general forum?
Posted by: eyrie

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 05:37 AM

If I wanted to talk trash with teens, I wouldn't be doing it here... it'd be in a private chat room
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 06:14 AM

teens are usually in adult classes right? so why make a distinction here?
Posted by: oldman

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 08:31 AM

why not there be a Pirate thread? ARRRRRRGH
Posted by: harlan

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 08:59 AM

Too much trouble to moderate.

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 10:27 AM

I'm not sure the pirates would be too much trouble, harlan.

They get out of line, just make them walk the plank.

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 10:35 AM

Even after invoking 'Parlayeee'?

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 11:03 AM

I didn't hear nothing...did you?
Posted by: rideonlythelabel

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 10:51 PM

Quote:

why not there be a Pirate thread? ARRRRRRGH

Motion seconded.

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/14/06 11:38 PM

I third it ... motioned carried. Matt, if you would be so kind to start up the Pirate Forum it would be appreciated.

Being the Adminstrator that makes you the Captain but you will have to come up with a better name and title. We should change the name of Fighting Arts Forum to the Pirate Hold Tavern. I am no longer Dereck I will be second in command and known as One-Legged Rummy; only one leg works and I likes me Rum ... spiced that is ... Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum .... argggg! We'll be drinkin' and scouraging the other forums looking for shipmates and those that don't want to join we'll send to Davy Jones's Locker to meet their maker ... arggg! The women will be for the takin' and the spoils will be ours ... arggg! But be very careful because I smell a mutiny a brewing and if I finds the upsurpers they will be feeling the cold steel of me blade. So rest assured Captain Matt, there will be no rest tonight so keep your one eye open (because the other is a cover in a pirate patch), cause I smells something fishy on the waters tonight ... ARGGGG!
Posted by: oldman

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/15/06 09:46 AM

Thar be momentum here Matey.

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/15/06 11:34 AM

WOW you guys answered my Q with a few post and then steer totally off subject! thats the reason why i dont come back to this site for months at a time

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/15/06 11:58 AM

Glad we could help.

Quote:

WOW you guys answered my Q with a few post and then steer totally off subject! thats the reason why i dont come back to this site for months at a time

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/15/06 07:46 PM

*Joel scribbles furiously in notebook*
steer....totally...off......subjec......t

gotcha
Posted by: sakse

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/15/06 07:52 PM

i am teen and i agree with Dereck.why should we be differn't i mean does it even matter.if you want a all teen chat go to a teen chat site.

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/15/06 09:20 PM

Yup I know you are! and thats why this is THE SITE SUGGESTION FORUM! No need to make my suggestion and wayt that i thought would make the site better into a joke. Oh well! easy to type this stuff from the safety af your comp desk I guess
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/16/06 01:26 AM

Hey everyone wait, this could be a good idea. Think about it, you'll have a place to let trolls be the idiots they are without bothering the good people, teens can let loose and rant and rave and talk about htings from an entirely teenage point of view, and hey, what's the harm, it coucl be good, you never know.
I'd be happy to moderate, I mean, I'm somewhat sensible, I wouldn't be too bad, and the adults wouldn't have to bother. I kind of like the idea, of course I'm a teen, but still, look at it from a teenage point of view. a lot of teens come on here, and I'd kind of like to have some entirely teen conversations.
At least think about it.

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/16/06 01:30 AM

OK, I thought about it.

NO.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/16/06 02:55 AM

Quote:

Yup I know you are! and thats why this is THE SITE SUGGESTION FORUM! No need to make my suggestion and wayt that i thought would make the site better into a joke. Oh well! easy to type this stuff from the safety af your comp desk I guess

Thank goodness we are in our safe places or you might get us?

HAR HAR HARDEE HO MATEY!!!!

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/16/06 09:02 AM

Meanfighter...lighten up. You got your answer right away...start a thread that will interest teens and I am sure they will come. Follow the forum rules and get on with it...'build it and they will come'? When I want to talk about something...I start up a thread. If it is stupid, it will be ignored, and if someone sees some value...you will strike up a conversation. LIKE YOU DID WITH THIS ONE!

So, forgive us if we have a little fun after you got your answer (don't be so 'mean'...'meanfighter').

Quote:

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/16/06 09:30 AM

Good advise Harlan. Meanfighter, start a thread in General Talk and see what happens.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/16/06 10:52 PM

A vast ye swabs! The Maria Gallena ain't sailin' by 'erself. Make room, insects! Mast da sail, ye filthy scums, thar shallt be treasure to loot! Aye!

Me name be Genghis, I don't need to know ye, but ye'all need to know me. Me whip will be crackin' on yer back if ye ain't movin'!

Thar she blows! The black skull ship! Board thar ship and bring me Oldman's head! [Dereck Taison]

uh? oh yeah, yes, yes, concerning the topic. No.

-Taison out
[Turns off all pirate games, and starts watching Pirates of the Caribbean]
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Teens thread!?? - 06/16/06 10:59 PM

Crack my with your whip and I'll pull out my nine and bust a cap yo! Cause' I be gansta G!