I'd like your 2 cents.

Posted by: Ed_Morris

I'd like your 2 cents. - 04/26/06 09:40 PM

Since time and effort are money, I propose that accounts are setup such that it costs 2 pennies to read people's advice in each post.

example:
someone asks (questions are free): "What MA should I take up?"

in order for you to read the reply, a 2 cent 'lurker fee' is automatically deducted from your account to the person who gave the advice....or you may end up paying the $0.02 to read a moron's advice, but oh well, let the buyer beware.

whaddaya think? everyone who puts advice in here should get compensated for that, right?
Posted by: JoelM

Re: I'd like your 2 cents. - 04/26/06 09:48 PM

But if we had it that way the threads would have to be viewed in threaded mode.

And I just can't handle clicking that much.

By the way, is this just a joke or are you trying to make a point? You're hard to read. (hah! get it?)
Posted by: MattJ

Re: I'd like your 2 cents. - 04/26/06 09:52 PM

That is a good idea Ed? But I think there may be a way around the fee? I'm not too smart, but I'm sure that the resourceful nature of the highly trained martial artists here will be able to defend from your hand-in-pocket-jitsu?

Let's hear what other folks have to say?
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: I'd like your 2 cents. - 04/26/06 10:10 PM

you should know me better Joel...I'm joking WHILE making a point.

I like my 'bikepath tollbooth' idea better anyway...but lets see where this thread's idea goes...

and Matt, I noticed you put everything in the form of a question so you don't get paid for your advice.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: I'd like your 2 cents. - 04/26/06 11:04 PM

.02 for your input,but thoughts are only worth a penny.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: I'd like your 2 cents. - 04/27/06 12:10 AM

My Canadian penny costs $0.03 to make. So how does my money fair for this?
Posted by: harlan

Re: I'd like your 2 cents. - 04/27/06 07:53 AM

I think it was Joel who brought it up last year...that folks could/should consider contributing to the maintainence of the website. Jokingly, I recall trying to calculate member fees...something based on so many cents per post (bill is in the mail).

It would certainly cut down on the number of BS posts. (Yes, mine included. )
Posted by: Ryan_Doherty

Re: I'd like your 2 cents. - 06/30/06 01:59 AM

It would probably reduce your number of members.
I know I certainly would not come here if it cost me anything. I'm already paying electricity and cable bills.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: I'd like your 2 cents. - 06/30/06 10:05 AM

Quote:

It would probably reduce your number of members.
I know I certainly would not come here if it cost me anything. I'm already paying electricity and cable bills.

Ryan, I'm afraid we're going to have to bill you extra for lack of sense of humor.
Posted by: Ryan_Doherty

Re: I'd like your 2 cents. - 07/01/06 01:37 AM

LOL, I thought you were honestly considerring it..
Posted by: BrianS

Re: I'd like your 2 cents. - 07/01/06 01:26 PM

Ryan,
Please send your cable bill to MattJ. He makes the big Admin. money and would be happy to pay it.