Western MA and h2h forum

Posted by: Stormdragon

Western MA and h2h forum - 04/25/06 07:08 PM

I think we really need a western MA forum. A forum where we can discuss any and all h2h systems and MA methods of the west, like Europe nad Noth America. This would include the systems of Faibairn, Sykes, Applegate, Charlie Nelson, etc. Also, LINE, MCMAP, Army combatives, training methods, and whatnot. Also, military martial arts from medieval and Renaisance Europe could be discussed, boxing and wrestling methods from western nations as well. Most all of the forums on here are for Asian of Asian based systems, however numerous western nations have their own highly refined and developed martial arts and fighting systems. What do you all think?
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Western MA and h2h forum - 04/25/06 11:02 PM

I think I have not seen enough interest or discussion to warrant a forum of that kind.

Also there are multiple forums that are not distinctly Asian and can have those you suggest discussed in their areas. Such as: Matial Arts Talk, Sword Arts, Tales and Stories, Grappling/MMA, Boxing/Kickboxing, Self Defense, Security and Law Enforcement, and Weapons.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Western MA and h2h forum - 04/26/06 12:12 AM

Ah fine I give up.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Western MA and h2h forum - 04/26/06 12:36 AM

Hey, I'm not the admin, just giving my view.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Western MA and h2h forum - 04/26/06 01:13 AM

damn! when you wrote 'Western MA forum' I thought they were going to create a Western Massachusetts forum for me, harlan, WuXing and aoishi. lol
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Western MA and h2h forum - 04/26/06 10:26 AM

SD -

I agree with Joel, at least until there is a greater call for such a forum. Like he said, everything can be discussed in several of the current forums.

But suggestions are always welcomed.