Spell Checker?

Posted by: Diabolic

Spell Checker? - 04/04/06 08:49 PM

I know this probably has to do with the forum program INFOPOP. Other forums I go to or have seen have this, it would be great because some times its a real pain to read peoples stuff, or its just agonizing.
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/04/06 09:44 PM

You can just down load one on your computer. That's how i do it and it works fine. Google has one.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/04/06 11:07 PM

another way is using MS Word to type up your posts, then after corrections, copy and paste into a post here.

another benefit is that you'd be less likely to accidently loose a post that you have spent some time typing, since Word has autosave and recovery features. also, Word has grammer check...not many free spell checkers have that.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/05/06 12:22 AM

I do exactly what Ed suggested. If my reply is short and sweet then I type it directly and then preview before posting. If it is going to be long then I write it in Microsoft Word and then cut and paste. For those that can't write worth a darn or can't use proper grammer, then they are the ones that look bad in the eyes of everybody else. How do you take somebody like that seriously if they can't even take the time needed to form simple sentences?

Edited because my foot tastes horrible
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/05/06 12:37 AM

Quote:

How do you take somebody like that seriously if they can't even take the time needed for form simple sentences?

Like that one?

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/05/06 01:05 AM

Exactly ... I will now take my foot out of my mouth and exit quietly before somebody notices me. AHHHHHH!

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/05/06 02:26 AM

Exactly. I don't think that I myself have a problem with this as much as others. It's great to do it in word, but honestly I think some people are just too lazy. It would just be easier for them to click a button then have to do ms word.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/05/06 03:39 PM

In OS X, spell checking is built into the OS(along with a dictionary). Functions in Safari.

There is a spell checking extension for firefox, called spellbound. Get it here: http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/05/06 04:25 PM

OS X, yes its the perfect system...but I was helping the other 99% of computer users.
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/05/06 05:54 PM

you'd think that with ed and you going on about spelling right you would at least spell grammar right lol.

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/05/06 11:06 PM

If your using windows, you should be using firefox.
Spellbound is for firefox, on either OS X or windows.

By the way Ed, it would only be 90% of the other systems that are non- Linux or non-mac.

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/06/06 07:53 AM

since you've added Mac to that, you are probably right. OS X is probably 1%.

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/06/06 04:35 PM

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/06/06 06:20 PM

Ed,
calm your irrational bigotry towards superiority as embodied by Mac OS X.
It is ok that you and the masses have had your spirit broken and your minds shackled by a fourth rate OS called windows.

We Linux and Mac users are here, arms wide open, ready to embrace you warmly when you awaken from your nightmare of abuse by Microsoft and seek liberation.

PS.
Apple has around a 10-12% install base, Linux/unix around 7%.
We will liberate the downtrodden masses, you will be assimilated

Re: Spell Checker? - 04/06/06 08:21 PM

lol...fine by me if everyone goes OS X, it IS a superior OS...but the fact still remains that Windows application development hasn't left me hungry in the 15 years I've been making a living at it. Why bite the hand that feeds you

Re: Spell Checker? - 02/27/07 03:13 PM

Hello to all. It appears that the new FireFox version now allows for spell checking on forums ... or at least this forum. When typing incorrectly it will underline the word with small red dots and then if you right click on your mouse it works the same way Micrsoft Words does and gives you options. Here is a screen shot:

Any others find this working now?
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Spell Checker? - 03/02/07 12:04 PM

I'ev jsut swtichde ot friefxo adn tihnk teh spllenig cehckre sckus!

Working really well for me even when I fill in forms when ordering stuff.