Tales and stories forum.

Posted by: BrianS

Tales and stories forum. - 11/30/05 02:09 AM

I noticed that 99.2% of the threads there have nothing to do with martial arts at all. Mostly ridiculous stories about fights. Look and witness the massacre of the forums intention.

'got punched today' So what.Grow up and go away.
'she hulk' - That's nice. Locked!
'no spit' - no sense. deleted.
'wet ass' - gee,that's relevant.

Am I being too harsh or do you think we could clean it up a little and practice some posting discipline?
The same thing happened in the self defense forum(only worse) and now it is moderated heavily. Look at all the locked threads in there.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 11/30/05 07:44 AM

I tried a bit in there. started a thread of true MA stories and another of true MA lies....thats pretty much the range of topics that should be in there. the ones you mentioned are just true stupidity of a kid defending his trailer-trash girlfriend's honor. lol
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 11/30/05 02:23 PM

Do we even have a moderator for this area? If not we need one. Also someone should write a post explaining what can be written and what cannot and pin it to the top of the list
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 11/30/05 04:13 PM

Agreed.
Posted by: RangerG

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 11/30/05 06:53 PM

I am afraid it will take a lot of supervision to keep that forum clean. Not sure who has the time to be a kindergarten cop.
Posted by: goju_girl

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 11/30/05 07:07 PM

totally agree... and apologize

-Nikki
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 11/30/05 11:25 PM

If a restaurent wants to attract as much and as varied a customer base as possible, the menu has to include a few trash dishes tucked in a corner, while giving pride of place to the steak au poivre (steak covered with crushed peppercorns pan-broiled and served with brandy and butter sauce)

I think at the moment it is quite safe and manageable to leave that little corner alone for some young and old kids to have some fun. You know who you are

There is life and death outside of MA.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 11/30/05 11:49 PM

Quote:

while giving pride of place to the steak au poivre (steak covered with crushed peppercorns pan-broiled and served with brandy and butter sauce)

Throw that on a BBQ and I'll take one with onions & mushrooms please and thanks.

I honestly used to go on and take a look but as Brian said, most of the stuff on there is a total waste of time. Once in a blue moon I might throw a comment in but that is about it. However it is called Tales & Stories so it doesn't have to be true and too many people suck at telling stories ... you know ... the people you just nod your head and hope they will finish soon so that you can politely walk away.

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 12/01/05 02:12 AM

I knew someone from Canada will salivate at that

Be magnanimous; you need to dig up 1000 tons of earth and dirt to find a one carat diamond; but that one diamond outshines all the earth covering it.

This Forum has members from people age 8 to 80 from all over the world; to expect a high uniformity of quality is asking too much, and maybe not even desirable.

Nobody is born smart; but I for one hope that if something of educative value is imparted to someone and effect a positive change, then the Forum would have served its purpose, if nothing else.
Posted by: Bushi_no_ki

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 12/02/05 04:30 PM

Is there a new mod for Tales and Stories? There does need to be one even if all that mod does is edit for language.
Posted by: harlan

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 12/02/05 06:02 PM

I got the impression from the earliest posts, that the designers of this site had high hopes for content. Real, and intelligent stories in this forum, and some productive discussion in the book forum/s. Probably a major reason why Victor stepped down.

"Quality control". The lack of it, and the ability to enforce it seems to be producing a great deal of frustration on the part of members and mods.

Re: Tales and stories forum. - 12/02/05 11:21 PM

Yeah, "Tales & Stories" is itself a redundancy in the first place.