Pins

Posted by: Dereck

Pins - 11/29/05 12:43 AM

In a lot of the forums there is older threads pinned to the top announcing new moderators and such. Like the Martial Arts Talk these ones are good as this is the most visited section and anything pinned in these sections are meant for people to view. But in other forums the information is old and I was wondering if they can be unpinned to join the ranks of older threads? Just a suggestion ... nothing more.

I'm sort of a neat freak and like at home my computer is filed and has rhyme and rythm. If it doesn't bother anybody else again no biggie ... I can live with it. Again just a suggestion so that newer threads take top prescident on the forums.

Thanks for your consideration.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Pins - 11/29/05 12:52 AM

Hi Dereck! I know! I'm a neat freak also.You are referring to what's known as sticky posts. I've thought about removing or rewording some of them in the forums I moderate. Such as the new/old line on permitted posting in the SD forum.Good suggestion.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Pins - 11/29/05 12:59 AM

What do you know? Who are you to criticize the almighty moderators? Bow down when you speak to us!! Don't you know who we are?

*sounds of gnashing, buck teeth*
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Pins - 11/29/05 03:28 AM

*pulls joels statue over with a rope*
Posted by: harlan

Re: Pins - 11/29/05 08:22 AM

Can you point to any specific pinned threads that you think should be reviewed?

Re: Pins - 11/29/05 10:37 AM

Two off the top of my heada are BJJ/MMA and Judo/JJJ.

Re: Pins - 11/29/05 01:52 PM

In July I believe LAF7773 was having some problems and advised by sticky pinning of this. Is this crisis over and they can be removed from those forums (Health & Nutrition, Swords, etc.)? If not please keep on.