Worrier of the year award

Posted by: chakuy

Worrier of the year award - 11/20/05 01:25 PM

We all say the post on the MA forum ‘’worrier of the year’’ and I notice one thing…
It doesn’t have a signature or a stamp, you know something to make it more formal.. I don’t know if it was just a picture or it true that’s is going to be mailed –or whatever—to Brain, but sure its nice to be stamped form the founder of this forum, so no one say its fake when he hangs it in his house..

+ when its stamped its more difficult to do fake ones.
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/20/05 01:37 PM

Good grief
Sharon
Posted by: imcrazy

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/20/05 01:59 PM

Oh oh! Pick me! Pick me! I want to be worrier of the year. Then I can worry about whether my award will ever reach me when its sent in the mail, how others will view me once I've recieved the award, what I'm going to say when the formal presenting of the award is done, if I'll mess up when doing my speech, if my speech will be acceptable to everyone etc. etc.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/20/05 02:22 PM

I feel the need to explain a few things to you...maybe your first language isn't English, so you need someone to point this stuff out:
1. 'worrier' is the incorrect spelling, it's 'warrior'. BIG difference...check a dictionary.

2. your signature: "Side by side in the face of terrorism
Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead." - makes it sound like you are you are on the side of terrorists. people wouldn't usually wonder, but your profile says Jordan, so combined with that signature, it gives one pause.

3. I'd agree with you, that the award should have a signature...but I think it was rather short notice and it is the thought of the gift that matters, so give people a break that put it together.

thats all the advice I have for you, have a nice day.
-Ed
Posted by: oldman

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/20/05 04:01 PM

I think that award goes to my mom.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/20/05 09:04 PM

chakuy,

1) You are too silly!! "worrier"(someone who worries too much.lol

2) "Brain". It's Brian(I'm not that smart,yet.)

3) "Fake"! It's not fake! It's from my forum friends who selected it for me.If someone gets worked up looking at it and tells me it's fake,I'll kindly show him the door. It could never be fake to me,I don't care if scooby-doo signs it!

Thankyou very much Joel!!
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/20/05 09:17 PM

Not to take all the credit, but oldman had a big hand in it as well

Unfortunately, Scooby was unavailable. Scrappy Doo volunteered, but it's just not the same.

PS-You're welcome.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/20/05 09:18 PM

Quote:

I think that award goes to my mom.

Now I am starting to worry about you.

Ed.

I know English (at least the American version) is your first language, but he did say "...in the face of..." which, though my English may not be up to par, means 'to face up to?' 'to confront?'

Chakuy.

I hope you do not take all this lighted-hearted bantering to heart; that's why there call themselves 'Yankees' which rhymes with.........

You will find that this Forum and the people in it, especially me, have no ill-intentions of any kind.

Enjoy you time with us, please.

As you say, there is time enough for being dead.

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/21/05 10:03 AM

not to be picky BP, but thats why I said 'sounds like'.

your overall tone is understood and correct (2nd time this month! you are on a roll BP!). I was too harsh on Chakuy.

welcome to the forum, Chakuy. Your suggestion for 'Worrier of the Year' was a good one, but I don't think you need to be a 'warrior' over it.

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/21/05 01:15 PM

Quote:

check a dictionary

Don’t have any
Quote:

your signature: "Side by side in the face of terrorism
Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead." - makes it sound like you are you are on the side of terrorists. people wouldn't usually wonder, but your profile says Jordan, so combined with that signature, it gives one pause.

Report me to the UN

Quote:

I'd agree with you, that the award should have a signature...but I think it was rather short notice and it is the thought of the gift that matters, so give people a break that put it together.

I’m new to the forum i thought they do it every year. Anyway that showed me the true MA sprit of all of you here in this forum

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/21/05 09:09 PM

sorry for the sarcasm...I promise not to pick on you anymore unless you deserve it. ;-)
Posted by: boxing_kid

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/21/05 11:13 PM

sprit = spirit, you really got to check your spelling
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/22/05 12:43 AM

Quote:

yeah, you 'got' to !!!

Re: Worrier of the year award - 11/24/05 08:46 AM

Quote: