Martial Media Forum

Posted by: Cord

Martial Media Forum - 10/25/05 12:53 PM

The mA movie section does pretty slow trade these days, and given that there is no specific home for discussion of Beat em up video games, nor magazines, or any other miscelleneae, how about giving them a home in the re- titled Martial Media forum? The Xbox 360 and PS3 are powerful and verstile pieces of equipment, and its not DBZ obsessing kids that are buying them. The gaming population is ever expanding, and widening in age range and it would be a nice resource to swap tips/cheats for the many MA inspired games that are popular on all systems.
i offer the idea for consideration.
Posted by: harlan

Re: Martial Media Forum - 10/25/05 01:00 PM

Well, if the 'powers that be' take up that challenge...I nominate you as moderator.

However, I really think gaming/entertainment should be kept seperate from 'serious' media (that is my Print Journalism winning out over the video/digital).
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Martial Media Forum - 10/25/05 02:44 PM

I am behind Cord with his idea. I think that it is a great idea.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Martial Media Forum - 10/25/05 02:44 PM

If the idea is accepted, I think the mod should be decided in the traditional manner....a NHB Tekken fight!!!!! Paul Phoenix is a GIRL!!!!
Posted by: Cord

Re: Martial Media Forum - 10/25/05 03:43 PM

oh yeah!? Bart simpson will beat your puny Blade runner reject any day!

i hope that the powers that be see how mature a games forum can be from this

Seriously though, there is an interest in MA entertainment and it has pervaded areas beyond Cinema. It would be nice if the site acknowledged this.

Cheers,

Cord.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Martial Media Forum - 10/26/05 06:47 AM

Eat my shorts!

I do agree though, MA media sounds like a great idea. As you said the gaming industry is fast overtaking the Movie industry and has a long and established MA genre. I think its been generally stated that MA games talk will be allowed in the movies section, but it'd be nice to make it offical.

The only danger I see is that it may start attracting those video game cyber ninja types who could spill over into the other sections and enlighten us with their wisdon of how they once killed 16 men with a sonic boom. So maybe keeping as an unoffical home of the MA gaming geeks could be a good thing???

Gav
Posted by: Kintama

Re: Martial Media Forum - 11/02/05 10:39 AM

Thanks for the hints Cord, I finished 'Shaolin Monks'! The final boss was rediculously hard...but the disturbingly disgusting clip of the kill was well worth it. yes, we need a forum to discuss these things...
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Martial Media Forum - 11/18/05 05:40 PM

Cord, I'm surprised about this thread! You like playing video games? I'm right there with ya bro. Are the XBox 360 and PS3 already overseas? XBox 360 is just coming out now here but PS3 I don't believe comes out until next year ... March 2006 I believe.
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Martial Media Forum - 11/19/05 09:38 AM

Its the same here in the U.k. The Xbox 360 I believe only comes out on the 2nd of December and the PS3 next year.
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: Martial Media Forum - 11/19/05 09:58 AM

does anyone know when the new nintendo comes out? or is that a while off?
Posted by: DullBlade42

Re: Martial Media Forum - 11/19/05 07:15 PM

In the US, Xbox 360 comes out next tuesday, the 22nd. PS3 I have no clue.

I'm not a HUGE game freak, but I know XB360 comes out the same day as a CD I've been looking forward to since August!

3 more days, baby!