stupid question

Posted by: TwistingKick

stupid question - 09/28/05 09:02 AM

I realise this may be in it, but could u pls make a section for stupid questions. That way whenever one is asked a moderator can simply move it in there and the squabbling can continue without others having to waste their time scrolling down pages of the stuff

thanx
Posted by: JoelM

Re: stupid question - 09/28/05 09:08 AM

Are you talking about stupid questions about MA?
Posted by: Kintama

Re: stupid question - 09/28/05 11:37 AM

yup, and your suggestion will be the first to go in there.

Re: stupid question - 09/28/05 12:11 PM

lol, thought it might be sorry!!!
and yes i did mean stupid MA questions
Posted by: Kintama

Re: stupid question - 09/28/05 07:52 PM

didn't mean to insult, but what I meant is, who is going to determine what is stupid and what is not before they post?
can you imagine someone innocently making a thread "What is the best and most deadly martial art?" and then have the foresight to put it in the correct category under 'stupid question forum'. lol ain't gonna happen.

Re: stupid question - 09/28/05 08:56 PM

I actually had a semistupid question I was going to ask last night, but I don't think I will.

Re: stupid question - 09/29/05 06:10 AM

put it this way, the other day i came across a question asking who would win in a cage fight- a moose or grizzly bear!! i meant the moderators could decide what a obviously stupid question it is and send it there, just a suggestion

p.s. the grizzly would definietely win!!!
Posted by: harlan

Re: stupid question - 09/29/05 07:41 AM

Yes...and who watches the watchers?

Comes down to a personal taste, moderator discretion, and a collective response. I like to watch a thread evolve...depends on who posts. It can start out 'stupid' in my mind...but woven in will be some killer observations. Kinda like, 'the jewel in the mud'.
Posted by: onb

Re: stupid question - 09/30/05 09:43 AM

I think you almost have to leave the stupid questions. That way newb's get to know what is stupid if only by seeing the responses that come back ridiculing them.

Also, not everything has to be totally serious and in those less serious threads, we get to know each other.

As for the moose vs a bear - a big moose would win... while he wouldn't have the teeth and claws, his massive rack (sic) would keep the bear at a distance until he could spin around using a powerful mule (moose) kick with his razor sharp hoofs. It's all moose baby!

(oooh, I think I need to lay off the coffe this morning!)

Re: stupid question - 09/30/05 09:53 AM

Quote:

I think you almost have to leave the stupid questions. That way newb's get to know what is stupid if only by seeing the responses that come back ridiculing them.

We are not Bullshido, we lock stupid threads. As stated in the rules of the forum, X vs. Y threads are not allowed, not matter how serious or funny they are.

We do get to know each other in less serious threads, and we have many of them and they are great fun. There are no rules against funny threads. There is a rule against X vs. Y threads.

I find it highly disrescpectful that you choose to try and continue this topic(bear/moose) in this thread, and I ask that you stop.
Posted by: onb

Re: stupid question - 09/30/05 11:38 AM

Quote:

We are not Bullshido, we lock stupid threads. As stated in the rules of the forum, X vs. Y threads are not allowed, not matter how serious or funny they are.

I find it highly disrescpectful that you choose to try and continue this topic(bear/moose) in this thread, and I ask that you stop.

JoelM,

I totally agree that the X vs Y threads are tiresome and should be closed. They rarely net any new comments or insite because they're pretty much an endless cycle of comments back and forth that will never be resolved.

As for the other topic, I would like to say, that I didn't mean disrespect let alone being "highly disprespectful." In truth, this was the first time I saw it and it struck me as funny. That's all. As you request... it ends.

onb

Re: stupid question - 09/30/05 11:54 AM

Sorry Joel, i didnt mean no disrespect. Just thought i should make a suggestion, it is clear it was not a good 1 so i will shut up!

Re: stupid question - 09/30/05 12:07 PM

Don't take everything I say completely to heart. I speak only for myself, I am not the end-all of discussion/policy on here. I just have my views and voice them, as do you. Any final decisions are up to the administrators.

I know you guys didn't mean any disrespect, I'm having an annoyed day and may have reacted a bit too strong. I apologize.

Be well.
Joel
Posted by: trevek

Re: stupid question - 11/24/05 08:09 AM

In Scotland a mouse is called a moose (maybe in Canada too?), so how would it work then?