off-topic chat

Posted by: jaret345

off-topic chat - 09/23/05 02:38 PM

a lot of forums usually have an off topic chat, just a suggestion
Posted by: JoelM

Re: off-topic chat - 09/23/05 02:40 PM

Been suggested before. Doesn't seem as though it will happen anytime soon.
Posted by: RobNus

Re: off-topic chat - 10/24/05 06:49 PM

dang...thats whats fun about a lot of forums. a place to stick all yer random thoughts.
Posted by: DullBlade42

Re: off-topic chat - 11/11/05 11:47 PM

Quote:

Been suggested before. Doesn't seem as though it will happen anytime soon.

Oh, man, you don't know how many times I thought of a brilliant topic to post, but then I forgot it had to be MA-related.

An off-topic forum would help me a lot! Just think about it - a group of respectful people - talking about anything - think of the awesomeness!

I think that is a quote by Abraham Lincoln?
Posted by: Belnick

Re: off-topic chat - 11/15/05 06:31 AM

there could be a trashcan thread, maybe there allready is for mods ?

just set it to delete threads after 3 days of inactivity or maybe 2days of inactivity ?
and talk about anything in it and when it goes dry it gets deleted and will not take up any space

*doubt it will happened*
Posted by: boxing_kid

Re: off-topic chat - 11/17/05 04:44 PM

yeah that actually sounds like a good idea, but your right it probably won't happen because these guys don't seem enthusiastic on anybody's suggestions
Posted by: Dereck

Re: off-topic chat - 11/18/05 05:23 PM

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." - Spock; Star Trek
Posted by: MattJ

Re: off-topic chat - 11/18/05 05:36 PM

Quote:

yeah that actually sounds like a good idea, but your right it probably won't happen because these guys don't seem enthusiastic on anybody's suggestions

Uh huh. Technically not "our" (the mods) call about creating new forums. That is the admins and the owner.

I have personally begged for an off topic forum for some time, to no effect yet. Although I don't see what the problem would be with it, as long as the same rules (and strict moderation) apply.

Doesn't stop me from trying, though.