Reply only sucks

Posted by: hugo

Reply only sucks - 08/22/05 05:35 AM

I think that we should have the option to post without replying to somebody else. it makes it annoying when we have to quote or reply to topics. Leave us the option but don't make it manditory.
Posted by: Kintama

Re: Reply only sucks - 08/22/05 09:30 AM

usually in a 'forum', a face-to-face one that is...you address someone in particular - if you didn't, then it would be a speech and not a discussion.

however, maybe they could have 3 options:
"Reply", "Quote", and "Rant".
Posted by: harlan

Re: Reply only sucks - 08/22/05 10:09 AM

How about an 'aside'? Where are those additional graemlins...this one would be 'Chorus' and in a toga.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Reply only sucks - 08/22/05 10:14 AM

I really don't understand why you would want to make a comment in a thread without replying to what someone else has said, otherwise you would just be off topic. If all else fails, just reply to the original post, because if your response does not at least relate to the first post, then it does not belong there.

Unless I'm missing something...

Re: Reply only sucks - 08/22/05 12:10 PM

"Non-Sequitor"

BTW, Joel even though I replied to your post, I meant this to be in response to one of Oldman's post in another thread...if we had the 'Non-Sequitor' option, this wouldn't have happened. sorry for the confusion.

Re: Reply only sucks - 08/25/05 01:25 AM

Point taken but there's really no need to be a smart ass Kintama.
Posted by: JoelM

Kintama?Smart ass? - 08/25/05 01:32 AM

I don't think Kintama can be any other way!!

OOHH, BURNNN!!!!!

Re: Reply only sucks - 08/25/05 07:25 PM

yes, actually, there WAS a need to be a smartass

[edit]ok..maybe not a need...but definitely an opportunity! which in most cases equates to the same thing.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Reply only sucks - 08/25/05 09:02 PM

IPPON KINTAMA!

Re: Reply only sucks - 08/26/05 02:56 AM

Oh rubbish. You could dance to the sound of your own voice Kintama you upstart.

Re: Reply only sucks - 08/26/05 10:59 AM

'up-start'? thats not true, I've been a wise-guy since day one. and my voice is as harmonic as a flushing commode.
now, clean your room and do your homework.

[edit] just noticed your age- the post has been modified to comply to PG-13 regulation.
Posted by: RangerG

Re: Reply only sucks - 09/01/05 04:18 PM

Heck..I read it twice...where was the smartass comment?