If you paid for the "update" get your money back

Posted by: Dallas

If you paid for the "update" get your money back - 05/06/05 10:43 PM

Several days and e-mails later I can finally post again. I had to re-register using the same name, and it will appear as if this is my first post. I can live with that. But all of my previous posts (and also the posts of many others) seem to be gone forever. That fact irks me a little.

It seems that the owners of this forum place little value on the writings that many of us contributed. Now I know that my babbling was not brilliant by any means, but I nonetheless put a lot of thought into some of the things I wrote here. It seems that perhaps a little more effort could have been put into saving the older material. I am sure that there are reasons why this loss of data happened, but I know that data is transferred by other people every day and it is not just lost like our's was.

OK I feel a little better after the venting. I am ready to move ahead.

--Dallas
Posted by: imcrazy

Re: If you paid for the "update" get your money ba - 05/06/05 10:49 PM

Well if you want to save and archive your previous posts you still can.

Check out my topic "Need to view old posts?" in the Martial Arts Talk Forum.
Posted by: Dallas

Re: If you paid for the "update" get your money ba - 05/06/05 11:11 PM

I finished doing just that a couple of seconds ago. Thanks so much for that tip. I've used google's caching feature before, but had forgotten about it.

You know, I feel completely silly being angry that it looks like I only have a few posts, but I'm still angry. You would think that a grown man would not be upset that he has lost the "forum status" that a few hundred posts gets you. Oh well.

--Dallas
Posted by: imcrazy

Re: If you paid for the "update" get your money ba - 05/07/05 12:06 AM

Quality over quantity my friend. Don't worry just b/c you lost the special number under your name, that doesn't mean squat. Its the quality of your posts that count. You will find that you will be able to express the fact that you have been on this forum for a long time through the maturity and wisdom that you express through your posts. I've learned that my responses have gotten better over my short time here.

Some people will be able to have numbers over 1000 under their name but a good 3/4 of that could just be irrelevant nonsense. And then their are others who make good use of their posts and it shows through their responses.

Half my posts fit into the "irrelevent nonsense" section but I'm still learning.

I feel really weird saying that and almost feel like I don't deserve to, being so new and all, but its just something I've realised.