ma and the army

Posted by: Anonymous

ma and the army - 04/28/05 11:01 AM

I want to join the national gaurd in the law enforcement department because they don't have my chosen career. I thought it would be nice to get a head start and have better hand to hand combat skills then they could teach me.

I am a light wieght(5'2" and 105lbs), but not really worried about being overpowered. I was thinking something with pressure points because i have a lot of speed. Since i can't hit hard i use my speed for momentum which I think would be my best bet.

What style do you think would be best for me?

Re: ma and the army - 04/28/05 03:46 PM

If you don't know anything now...it won't help you if you are signing up soon. I saw lads move up the ladder for Intelligence who had language skills. My suggestion is to go Regular Army as soon as you can...Guard Members are always screwed when it comes to promotions, assignments and compensation for injury.

Re: ma and the army - 04/28/05 04:16 PM

I hate to keep bringing this up, but the US Army's H2H program is significantly influenced by BJJ. If you want an advantage prior to training, I would get some grappling experience.

I doubt you will be able to learn enough about using pressure points to make a big difference. First, learn how to fight. After you have standup, clinch and ground skills, then add pressure points to your game. There is a sequence that will make things easier.