What is best for me....???

Posted by: Anonymous

What is best for me....??? - 04/26/05 07:37 PM

Hello,

My name is Sanray, I'm planing to join the military and would like to specialize in a martial art before I do so.
An art that adresses the issues listed below would be best for me. Any suggestion would be good

Continued::What is best for me..

An art that uses techniques for high-risk situations that must be resolved immediately. Its only purpose is the use of force to resolve a violent situation.

Techniques that are simple, effective, and often brutal.

It must not take too long to learn the techniques, only a few days or months.

The techniques must acomidate a process in which military close-quarter combat and killing techniques are included.
-----------------------------------------
I'am familiar with styles such as Krav Maga or Musti Yudha.But, is there any other?

Re: What is best for me....??? - 04/26/05 10:35 PM

How long do you have before you go in? Days? Months? Years?

Re: What is best for me....??? - 04/26/05 10:54 PM

Well, Its almost June. So a little over a year to master an art, that is if i start now. Or, exactly a year if i start in june.

Recruiting for the army are usually done on the regular bases so.. I might be able to extend the time I'm able to practice by a few more weeks.

Re: What is best for me....??? - 04/26/05 11:00 PM

In addition:::

I'm really just looking for ways to gain a little advantage over the regular recruits. Plus if i have this slight jump start in hand to hand combat. I might be just eligible for the Special Forces- which i know has months of training done in hand to hand close-quarter combat.

Im looking for a Art that allows this and a Trainier in the Vancouver, Wa or Portland, OR region

Re: What is best for me....??? - 04/27/05 11:52 AM

my advice would be get in really really good shape, take anything that allows you to spar (krav maga or boxing) and get used to hard physical contact.

then let the military train you the way they want you. it can be a problem to have recruits who think that they already know what they are doing and who may resist learning things the way that your unit wants to teach you. but being hard and tough will come in handy and will giv eyou an edge.

Re: What is best for me....??? - 04/27/05 10:13 PM

An advantage in the US Army would be to start taking BJJ. Whatever you think of it as a combat system, BJJ is a significant part of the US Army combatives program.

I had a Special Forces cadet come in and take my class a few times prior to his going back to Ft Bragg. He had a blast and was really looking forward to getting back to his unit and getting on the mat with his guys.