Anyone familiar with PPCT?

Posted by: Anonymous

Anyone familiar with PPCT? - 04/19/05 01:02 AM

My department teaches a system known as Pressure Point Control Tactics. I went through the course when I first got hired on in December, and it's different than what I went through as a Cadet at the Academy or what they taught me in the Navy, which is what I'm mostly using.

It seems logical enough, but there's a couple points that really don't work during actual contact, but all of them are wrist locks. I was just wondering if anyone else has even heard of it.

And by the way, can someone advise me on the location of the tendon that supposedly renders the suspect unable to make a fist?

Re: Anyone familiar with PPCT? - 04/19/05 02:46 PM

PPCT? Check out this thread from www.budoseek.net:
http://www.budoseek.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9362

Kind of sums it up. Very generic, administration friendly program. Not a popular system with people in the arena. Wonder why?

Re: Anyone familiar with PPCT? - 04/19/05 03:43 PM

I'm actually very surprised that it is actually a widely-used system. I haven't been brave enough to use any of the techniques that I learned in PPCT in the field yet, and after reading that thread I'm glad I didn't.

I'm interested in learning more about this ISR Matrix system, Fletch. I've surfed the site and watched the promo video, which looks awesome by the way. Do you know if there are any plans to hold seminars in the Midwest? If not, how effective is the video at conveying the system? I tend to be more of a hands-on type of person and I've never really walked away from a video feeling that I've actually learn something I can employ in a practical situation.

Re: Anyone familiar with PPCT? - 04/19/05 10:08 PM

The ISR program was designed to be instructed and coached athletically. The videos serve as an introduction for people unfamiliar with the system and a technical reference for those who have attended 101 & 201 courses. The videos are a skeleton of the program only. No doubt they will give you some good ideas that you can plug into your existing tactics though.

This is by design as police tactics should never be learned exclusively by watching video. There is a ton of information that is on the vids but way more in an actual course. The real magic is in the methodology.

There are also some very specific tactics related to special risk scenarios that will never be distributed on video and will only be shared face to face.

All in all, this was the program that I was looking for. It is totally different from anything else out there.

[This message has been edited by Fletch1 (edited 04-19-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Fletch1 (edited 04-19-2005).]