expandable baton

Posted by: Anonymous

expandable baton - 04/17/05 06:12 PM

Seeing the question where you should carry the x-26 i was curious on where you carry your expandable baton if you use one. Personally I carry it on my weakside so i can cross draw or use with my weakhand. What do yall do?

Re: expandable baton - 04/18/05 04:19 PM

Little off topic, but are your batons durable enough to withstand use as a grappling tool? Or do you think they'd bend or snap if you tried to use them as a lever to lock someone's arms up?

Re: expandable baton - 04/18/05 04:29 PM

I carry mine strong side behind the firearm. It is a Monadnock Expandable with the fluted grip and power safety tip.

This baton as well as other made by ASP are plenty sturdy enough to use for levering someone's arm behind their back. Haven't broken one yet. The Monadnock is an Autolock though, which means it locks into place by means of little needle bearings as opposed to a Friction Lock like the ASP which uses slightly coned tubing to keep it extended.

Re: expandable baton - 04/18/05 08:34 PM

I'd have to say that I feel confident that the baton I use, won't bend or break while grappling. This is also a little off topic, but i'm looking to buy a new one, b/c my old one is an off brnad that is an odd size, and doesn't really fit my holder well. Any suggestions on which one to buy?

Re: expandable baton - 04/18/05 10:18 PM

Fletch1 and myself carry ours in the same spot, I have five ASP, two 16” steels, two 26” steels and one 26” air weight. The air weight is my favorite by far due to how light it is.

When you setup your duty belt, you want to set it up as you see fit as in the way it fits you best, are things within reach, is my weapon in the right spot for quick draws and so on.

It truly is all up to you.

[This message has been edited by ocman (edited 04-18-2005).]