Fakes and Frauds on the Internet

Posted by: Anonymous

Fakes and Frauds on the Internet - 04/09/05 12:26 PM

Every time I turn around, there is someone either exaggerating their experience and/or training or outright lying about what they do or have done. Ignorance is bliss, but when someone speaks with perceived authority about something that you know well from your own knowledge and experience, it is an insult to those who have walked and continue to walk the line as a warrior.

Fakes, frauds and liars, be warned. If you spin your yarn long enough, you will be caught and exposed. You cannot stay anonymous indefinitely.

Enough said.

Re: Fakes and Frauds on the Internet - 04/10/05 12:41 AM

Well thanks a lot, I'm sorry man.

At least I have intersting things to say, like the SEALs hand-to-hand training. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/redface.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by Oozuru (edited 04-10-2005).]

Re: Fakes and Frauds on the Internet - 04/10/05 02:41 AM

Sorry, I meant this in a general sense across the internet. Not just here (although sometimes they pop up here).

Re: Fakes and Frauds on the Internet - 04/12/05 07:16 AM

i think there are many types of experts in any field....

there are those that have some experience and then become teachers.

there are those that have never taught, but have a lot of field experience.

there are those that read books, etc, but have no real world experience, yet choose to opine anyway.

in many cases i have seen where people have set themselves up as self-proclaimed experts/teachers in whatever their chosen field is and i have found that many times their belief system in whatever field they are teaching is over-rated....they forget that other people might have learned different things through the same type of experiences....it doesnt make one belief system any more valid then the other....

it's the ones that start believing THEIR system or method is the only valid system or method that are mis-guided and harm people who are trying to educate themselves in whatever field they are studying....

of course some people have more to gain from espousing this method....

or simply put: ther are many different ways to skin a cat and if one person tells u there is only one way, then they are mistaken...

KEL

Re: Fakes and Frauds on the Internet - 04/12/05 12:29 PM

There are a lot of people and schools that try to teach Defensive Tactics to LEO, and a lot of them will not teach what the officer needs, or don`t know how to teach. I have been teaching for about 30 years, I was also on of the combat tactics instructor at Fort Bragg in the late 1960`s

Re: Fakes and Frauds on the Internet - 04/12/05 03:53 PM

After receiving several e-mails about this thread, I guess I should elaborate. This is meant in a general sense.

If you walk the talk and do or have done the job for real, you have my respect. If however, you think that falsely claiming to be SF, Ranger, SEAL, etc, does not carry a consequence, you are mistaken.

There are several people I have met or spoken to on the internet who have made erroneous claims about being members of the Military Elite. After knowing and training with the real warriors, I find this extremely irritating, as should you all.

Those who have expereince in those fields know the verbage. They know the schools, places and people. It is a very hard role to fake, yet some still try as if noone will catch on.

Take care all.

Re: Fakes and Frauds on the Internet - 04/13/05 07:07 AM

hey hawk,
were u an instructor for general infantry types, or were u teaching to the airborn/air assault ppl?

i was trying to get in the USAFR as a flight medic and when that didnt work out, ive decided to shoot for a TACP/ROMAD guard position (out of GA). its a prety tough job if i can qualify, spec ops for USAF from what i understand....

fletch1 made a comment tht is true about cops too (along with urs), that cops have so much of a demand upon their time, its hard to get them to take any training that is not mandatory (or salary incentive, lol).

Kel

[This message has been edited by hunterkell (edited 04-13-2005).]