can I carry at 19 ?

Posted by: Anonymous

can I carry at 19 ? - 04/09/05 02:17 AM

Hello all I was what you all can tell me about weapon laws in arizona or mabye give me some good links

I am intersted in firearm knife carry laws I cant find any good info online so I thought yopu could help

one more question can I carry a firearm at 19 do I have to be twenty one

thank you huck
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: can I carry at 19 ? - 04/09/05 12:18 PM

Googled:

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the State shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men." Article 2, Section 26.

POSSESSION

No state permit is required to possess a shotgun, rifle or handgun.

It is unlawful for a "prohibited possessor" to possess a firearm.*

A prohibited possessor includes (1) a person found to constitute a danger to himself or others pursuant to a court order and whose court ordered treatment has not been terminated; (2) a person who has been convicted of a felony involving violence or possession and use of a firearm or dangerous instrument and whose civil rights have not been restored; (3) a person who is at the time of possession serving a term of imprisonment in any correctional or detention facility; or (4) a person who is at the time of possession serving a term of parole, work furlough, home arrest or release on any other basis or who is serving a term of probation or parole.

No person, other than a peace officer or a member of the military forces of the United States, shall knowingly possess a firearm on which the manufacturer's serial number has been removed, altered or destroyed. This does not apply to (1) possession by a museum as a part of Its collection or an educational institution for educational purposes or by an authorized employee of such museum or institution or (2) acquisition by gift, devise or descent or in a fiduciary capacity as a recipient of the property of an insolvent, incapacitated or deceased person

An unemancipated person under 18 not accompanied by a parent, grandparent, guardian, or a certified hunter safety instructor or certified firearms safety instructor acting with consent of the minorŐs parent, grandparent or guardian shall not carry or possess on his person, within his immediate control, or in or on a means of transportation a firearm in any place open to the public or on any street, highway, or on private property, except private property owned or leased by the minor or the minor's parent, grandparent, or guardian. This prohibition does not apply to a person between 14 and 17 engaged in lawful hunting, marksmanship practice, transportation of an unloaded firearm for the purpose of hunting or, between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM, transportation of an unloaded firearm for the purpose of marksmanship at a range or other area where the discharge of firearms is not prohibited. This law applies in counties with a population exceeding 500,000. However, counties with a lesser population, or cities and towns within such counties, may adopt an ordinance identical to this law.

* A firearm is defined as any loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver, shotgun or other weapon which will or is designed to or may readily convert to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive, except that it does not include a firearm in permanently inoperable condition.

PURCHASE

It is unlawful to sell or give to a minor, without written consent of the minor's parent or legal guardian, a firearm or ammunition.

No state permit is required to purchase a shotgun, rifle, or handgun.

It is unlawful to sell or transfer a firearm to a "prohibited possessor" (See definition under Possession.)