About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting)

Posted by: Anonymous

About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/03/05 05:37 AM

I know the army and marines teach alittle CQC, and not alot. But recently I had heard that they teach Aikijujitsu and Kali/Arnis/Escrima to the SEALs, is this true?

Re: About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/04/05 07:07 AM

i wud try navyseals.com, they have a forum and decent articles also about the job...
Kel

Re: About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/04/05 11:55 PM

I have the definitive answer to this question.

It is......(drumroll please)..........

The SEALs have a training budget that allows them to contract high profile, world class instructors for group instruction. They work with Gracie/ BJJ instructors, Tony Blauer, Paul Vunak, Kali Instructors, Muay Thai, etc. etc. etc.

Whoever they and their administrators feel addresses a particular need, is who is hired. There is no single, official H2H instructor or program for the SEALs, no matter what anyone or any advertisement says.

Same as with all SpecOps/ SF Operators.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/05/05 04:49 AM

The days of spec ops using a single source of training is long gone. For the most part SEALs are given basic H2H then encouraged to seek training on their own. Most of their training revolves around other aspects of combat and less on H2H than many would think.

Re: About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/05/05 07:48 AM

i think that was a pretty good answer laff.

i read an article once that went on to explain that what makes special ops/special forces, etc, so SPECIAL was the fact that they can move throught the most difficult terrain, difficult weather, etc and get there and do whatever the job is. it stated that ANYONE can blow up stuff, that takes about 10 seconds. the HARD part was carrying 80 pounds of gear on your back through 20 miles of roughass terrain (using a compass), undetected, then blow something up; and then get back through the same 20 miles of rough terrain (again undetected), to escape.

i think its pretty obvious when you have a small team of special ops/forces/etc that are trying to escape and are outnumbered if it comes down to H2H, then that team has already lost or is in very deep trouble....

just my .02
Kel

Re: About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/05/05 12:21 PM

Hey guys!

I don't know about the SEALs, but we Green Beret are taught alot. We don't tend to be taught White Belt-Black Belt stuff, but mostly what our Sgt. thinks is the most effective. We are encouraged to bring as much, off-the-record training in as much as possible and we often do.

Also, CQC is often employed either as a stealth put-down or when suprised by a camo'd Tango. Just because you have to start pulling out Hip Tosses doesn't mean your mission is jeopordized.
Hope I Helped!

Re: About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/06/05 09:06 AM

rongjeedo,

that's an interesting response. my advice would be to seek a qualified instructor in ur area. good luck!

Kel

[This message has been edited by hunterkell (edited 04-06-2005).]

Re: About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/06/05 06:03 PM

mmmmmmmmkayyyyyyyyy......

Re: About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/07/05 08:11 AM

fletch1 checkout general martial art section for the reason behind my above post....ul get it then.

Kel

Re: About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/07/05 09:29 PM

Can't find it, although I have a strong suspicion about it's meaning.

Re: About the U.S. Navy SEALs (intersting) - 04/08/05 08:37 AM

try this one, sorry shud have put it here in the first place...
http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000769.html

ps: i just could not help myself......

Kel

[This message has been edited by hunterkell (edited 04-08-2005).]

[This message has been edited by hunterkell (edited 04-08-2005).]