Looking for writers.

Posted by: Ed Glasheen

Looking for writers. - 03/14/05 03:33 PM

I am in the development stage of a magazine that I will publish this summer. I am looking for non-fiction work, stories of actual experiences in combat, police work etc. Only professional experience wanted. Not some fight you had when you were a kid. Since it is non-fiction, content must be verifiable. No fakes please. If published writer will be compensated $$.

For submit or questions use my e-mail at lonewolfjujutsu@yahoo.com />
Thanks Ed
Posted by: otobeawanker

Re: Looking for writers. - 07/07/05 08:36 PM

Hello.

I have been involved in many such incidents as a Protection Officer in the Hospital setting. From people taking hostages or trying to jump out windows in the psychiatric wards. The only problem is discussing the incidents in any kind of detail is a breach of confidentiality. I'd imagine it would be the same for Law Enforcment officers as well.

Best of Luck.
Posted by: hunterkell

Re: Looking for writers. - 07/08/05 10:56 AM

HIPA is a federally (USA) mandated law that concerns medical records and other things of that nature (which, i think, would apply for stuff like ur talking about).

my understanding of FL law is that as long as the incident is not medical related and is not under current investigation, such things are public domain (we call it sunshine law). thats why u can watch such stuff as "cops" all day long on tv and "cops" not need a waiver signed by the suspect. <-- there has been some scrutiny to this privilidge lately though.....

i would think as a police officer you could talk freely, most things ive seen, the author just drops the names and it could be verified by a case number by the editor.

i bet working in a hospital you HAVE seen your fair-share of physical encounters. i bet that is a TOUGH job!

of course this information only applies to America and more pointedly FL law. id be interested to know how different countries approach this....

Kel
Posted by: oldman

Re: Looking for writers. - 07/08/05 12:35 PM

Ed,
Let me know if you need illustration, "Backup"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Posted by: Intrepidinv1

Re: Looking for writers. - 07/16/05 08:56 AM

I'd be glad to help, just let me know.