concealed carry

Posted by: Anonymous

concealed carry - 01/27/05 09:07 AM

what are your thoughts on concealed carry of guns on the streets? me and my dad are big gun buffs and he carries a concealed gun with him everywhere. I plan to get a liscense when i turn the proper age. so what do you guys think about concealed carry? is it good or bad? is it effective on the streets or just a hassle? and have you ever had to use ur concealed weapon and it failed on you? any commenst or stories would be appreciated. O ya also wat is your favorite conceal carry gun. My dad carries a glock (34 or 36) i forgot but its the mini 45 with a double stacked mag. Me personally i prefer a lighter load for concealed carry id go with a glock compact 9mm.

Re: concealed carry - 01/27/05 12:01 PM

How old are you? I would think that there are other things you should be worrying about besides carrying a concealed firearm.

Packing a concealed weapon is an enormous and I mean "ENORMOUS" responsibility. If you are a teenager, I question the circumstances that you routinely face that cause you to require a ready option for lethal force.

I carry on duty and off. It can be a real burden as it's not something that is widely understood or accepted and you can't just leave it lying around like you can a wristwatch or cell phone.

Re: concealed carry - 01/27/05 12:55 PM

yes i am a teenager, im 16 i know i may seem a little gung ho on the post but i have a decent amoutn of knowledge of firearms and the safety percautions and the responsibilities of carrying one out in the streets im not saying that i need it as i do live in a safe area but hey u can never be to safe

Re: concealed carry - 01/27/05 01:31 PM

if you don't need it you shouldn't even be thinking about carrying it.

I mean it that way. if you think that you might need to defend yourself, study a martial art hard and get fit. if you need a hobby, get one that doesn't involve a tool developed to kill people.

Re: concealed carry - 01/27/05 08:41 PM

I have no problem with you being interested in firearms and enjoying shooting for recreation or sport. I do see a problem with a 16 year old feeling that they need a firearm to defend themself "just in case".

Life is short. Have fun and enjoy yourself. You will be an adult with adult problems soon enough. There is no hurry.

globetrotter is right. Find a martial art or something if you are concerned for your safety.

Re: concealed carry - 01/28/05 05:16 AM

I work for a department that requires us to carry a firearm on and off duty. I have worked for this department for 2 years. During this time I have never experinced a situation that caused me to even consider drawing my firearm. I have no problem with people who carry a concealed weapon (as long as they do it within the law) But I do feel that it is unnecessary for most people to carry a gun. Not to mention that carrying a concealed gun is terribly inconvenient and not very comfortable. I do it because my department policies tell me to, but if that were not the case I would be leaving my gun at home.

luke d

Re: concealed carry - 01/28/05 08:26 AM

the other issue in my mind is that it is almost impossible to find a civillian who is well enough trained to be responsible and safe with a firearm 24/7, in my mind. I believe that the long term down side is greater having these extra firearms floating around than any good that may come of it.

Re: concealed carry - 01/29/05 12:24 AM

Salutations!

I carry off duty all the time. When I walk or jog I go with a .357 revolver in a fannypack. It is comfortable. But for everyday concealed carry, I preffer the Glock 21 .45. It gets heavy after a while but I am used to it. In the Army you get quite used to carrying a gun and you are drilled constantly on safety. It is a great responsability. I have never had to pull my gun on no one. I tend to stay out of trouble; if something feels wrong, I walk the other way.

C. Roman