Are Nunchaku illegal to carry in Arizona?

Posted by: Anonymous

Are Nunchaku illegal to carry in Arizona? - 01/25/05 09:32 PM

I'm no longer the punk I used to be so please make your reply sound as positive as possible. I may not like fighting but Phoenix has a higher crime rate than Detroit, and I have been out numbered on several occaisions. I can thank my safety for my ability to run well, though circumstances always change, I have to change with them, I need an extention. If they are illegal, I'll just roll with my two friends. I try to obey the law, but sometimes morality outweighs legality.

Re: Are Nunchaku illegal to carry in Arizona? - 01/26/05 12:42 AM

Oozuru,

dont trust the word of a complete stranger who may be

A well wisher who want to encourage you
A stupid kid who doesn't know better
A troll who finds spreading confusion funny

or maybe a combination of these and more

if you have a legal question, call your local police (anonamously if you wish) and ask them about prohiibited weapons and licensing

just be aware that even if they are legal to carry, using them and having them may suggest that you premeditated the fight and came prepared - who knows?

Re: Are Nunchaku illegal to carry in Arizona? - 01/27/05 03:42 PM

Not that I don't belive you, but it would be helpful if I had more replies.

Re: Are Nunchaku illegal to carry in Arizona? - 01/31/05 07:29 AM

Why nunchaku? Walking canes are definately legal in all places.

Re: Are Nunchaku illegal to carry in Arizona? - 02/03/05 09:12 PM

Well I live in Las Vegas so I don’t know your Arizona Revised Statues, the laws. But I can tell you if you’re carrying them on your person, meaning you, yes you are carrying a concealed weapon. I would not recommend it at all. No matter what you tell a Police Officer, if they are found on you, you’re going to jail.

And rolling or keeping your friends with you all the time is a hard thing to do. They might be busy and can’t be there for you.

Here in Nevada if the weapon is exposed and people can see it then it is not against the law even for guns, it is an open firearm state. But you can tell that if people see someone walking down the street with any weapon that can cause bodily harm they will call the police and you might have it taken away from you.

On the flip side of all of this you might want to carry O.C. spray. As long as your over the age of 18. When I say O.C. spray I don’t mean MACE, because MACE is the name brand of a Pepper Spray. If you choose to go that way I highly recommend it. I’m an OCAT (Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol Training Instructor) and I teach classes on the use of force protocol for O.C. sprays.

You can carry it on your person’s and can buy it at any local gun store or police supply store. Name brands I recommend, BodyGuard LE-10 Cone Model, Defense Aerosol Pepper Projector, Punch II Streamer and my all time knock you on your butt spray FOX labs products. The make a true 5.3million Scoville Heat Unit sprays with only 2% Oleoresin Capsicum rating. The point being hear is that all of the other products that I listed above besides FOX, have there products at 10% Oleoresin Capsicum and 2 million Scoville Heat Unit.

The deference is that if you have to use any FOX spray it hurts twice as bad on the attacker but the recovery time is only about twenty minutes. Due to the fact that there is only 2%OC. Which is a plus because, when the police show up it shows that the attacker most likely won’t need medical attention.

Now with the other spray’s they have it at 10% Oleoresin Capsicum rate which makes the spray’s effects last longer and when the police show up they most likely will have to call rescue out to help the person. Which then becomes a problem because now you must explain why this attacker is having such a hard time breathing.

Be safe and think of different means to protect yourself. Anymore questions hit me back.

[This message has been edited by ocman (edited 02-05-2005).]