What's the difference between Police grappling and military CQC?

Posted by: Anonymous

What's the difference between Police grappling and military CQC? - 01/23/05 05:01 PM

Believe it or not my school actually let me do a research paper on this. Who better to know than the experts.

Re: What's the difference between Police grappling and military CQC? - 01/23/05 07:59 PM

Control & Arrest vs Unarmed Combat.

There is an element of CQC in Police Tactics at the self defense/survival end of the continuum. Police tactics are generally governed by a "response to resistance" model that forces them to respond or react to some act or situation perpetrated by a suspect.

Unarmed CQC is usually geared toward the same goal as armed CQC, termination of an enemy threat. Control is traditionally not the focus.

With today's military assuming more of a peace keeping/ police mission, there is more crossover with soldiers training in police tactics as well.

Re: What's the difference between Police grappling and military CQC? - 01/23/05 09:40 PM

Hmm, so they look the same, but they are different in principle. One is based on control, the other is based on elimination. I see, thanks.

Re: What's the difference between Police grappling and military CQC? - 03/31/05 10:49 PM

basically leos goal is to restrain the subject without using excessive force, where the militarys goal is to eliminate the threat not nescesarily restrain