ISR Matrix highlight clip 2005

Posted by: Anonymous

ISR Matrix highlight clip 2005 - 01/20/05 09:00 PM

http://www.onedragon.com/videos/isrle25mb.wmv

(right click, save as)

Finally got this thing wrapped up. Pretty fair representation of what the training looks like. It is a highlight clip so don't read into it like it was an instructional (which has been done before).

Enjoy.

Re: ISR Matrix highlight clip 2005 - 01/22/05 09:35 AM

Excellent stuff Fletch1!

Which one is you?

Take care,

Gaffer.

Re: ISR Matrix highlight clip 2005 - 01/22/05 10:23 AM

Director, Producer, Editor.

I also play a supporting role as the goofy, lanky popo dude in the jeans and leg holster.

Luis, the program founder is the guy getting bounced on the hood at the begining. It was awesome working with him. This is all material that he and Paul have refined, developed and integrated.

Glad you liked it. It is a preview of a training DVD that will be coming out for LEO/CO in the future.
www.isrmatrix.org

Re: ISR Matrix highlight clip 2005 - 01/22/05 02:12 PM

Great job on the video Fletch. The content looks great, and the production quality is really outstanding.

I noticed that you guys used gloves in some of the shots. I've been considering using boxing or MMA gloves with my Jujutsu students to allow them to train more realistically. Have you had a good experience with the gloves?

I have absolutely no experience with gloves so I was wondering if they are used primarily to protect the hand, or can you hit pretty hard without cutting someone. We probably wouldn't be able to use them all of the time because they would limit the use of our hands when it came to grappling.

Kudos

--Dallas

[This message has been edited by Dallas (edited 01-22-2005).]

Re: ISR Matrix highlight clip 2005 - 01/22/05 02:40 PM

About the gloves.

In the group training, the gloves serve several purposes.

1. They give a wakeup call to the student that the class is going to involve contact.

2. They allow a progression of intensity with a measure of safety.

3. They prevent accidental injury as a result of fingernails and digits in the facial area.

4. They protect the hands from impact and jamming fingers. Remember, the emphasis is on training the good guy, so the bad guys training benefit will be compromised.

When doing this type of training, usually only the aggressor will glove up. We want the good guy to be able to grab and cover with minimal gear in the way. Occasionally we will go without gear at all but find that we can go longer, at a higher intensity with mimimal training injuries if we use the gloves.

When the training is for MMA or we want to really push the envelope, we might use MMA gloves so the bad guy can grip as well.

Good guy should use at least a mouthpiece and consider boxing headgear.

Re: ISR Matrix highlight clip 2005 - 01/22/05 04:13 PM

Thanks, I am going to look into incorporating this.

--Dallas

Re: ISR Matrix highlight clip 2005 - 01/23/05 02:08 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fletch1:
Director, Producer, Editor.

I also play a supporting role as the goofy, lanky popo dude in the jeans and leg holster.
[/QUOTE]
Fletch1, I'm impressed!

Luis, the program founder is the guy getting bounced on the hood at the begining. It was awesome working with him. This is all material that he and Paul have refined, developed and integrated. [/QUOTE]
Luis certainly knows his stuff!

And the guy in Army fatigues, who was also in the other clip, he's very quick!

Glad you liked it. It is a preview of a training DVD that will be coming out for LEO/CO in the future.
www.isrmatrix.org
[/QUOTE]
The whole thing is very impressive - scenario training without the 'acting'. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]
I wish I could afford to venture across the pond to come and train with you guys. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]

Do you guys roam the globe conducting seminars, in particular, sunny England?

Could you let me know when the DVD is released and available please?

Take care,

Gaffer.

[This message has been edited by Gaffer (edited 01-23-2005).]

Re: ISR Matrix highlight clip 2005 - 01/23/05 07:52 PM

Will do. There was some talk of Luis doing some training in the UK at Karl Tanswell's place (www.karltanswell.com). Not sure when that will happen though.

Re: ISR Matrix highlight clip 2005 - 01/23/05 11:51 PM

Will do. There was some talk of Luis doing some training in the UK at Karl Tanswell's place (www.karltanswell.com). Not sure when that will happen though.[/QUOTE]
Cool!

Take care,

Gaffer.

[This message has been edited by Gaffer (edited 01-24-2005).]