How much stock do you put in "Police" endorsements?

Posted by: Anonymous

How much stock do you put in "Police" endorsements? - 11/19/04 11:05 AM

With all of the programs currently floating around in Law Enforcement circles for Defensive Tactics & Self Defense training I have a question. How much weight do you give to programs that advertise their professional relationships with Police agencies?

From my experience, there are many that imply that they are the exclusive training source for these agencies. This is hardly ever the case.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: How much stock do you put in "Police" endorsements? - 11/20/04 10:54 PM

Fletch1: I can see your point very clearly. When I get the opportunity to teach a police academy class where ever in the states, I use what their state law requires as far as their Use of Force programs. So I have to limit what I teach almost in every state so if an officer does apply something to a suspect it is within there Use of Force and it protects the officer under the law.

When I teach an academy I only use practical elements that work and trash the rest. I configure the techniques to fit the law. The police courses that they teach are very different from state to state and things change all the time. So it is really just a crazy circle of Defensive Tactics instructor’s that say their program is the best.