Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon?

Posted by: Anonymous

Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 10/29/04 10:00 PM

I personally have five different Glocks and three Kimber9111 for my handguns. I also have a H&K MP5 full auto capability, M-4, M-16 that has an M-203 grenade launcher on it, two SKS’s one Russian and one Chinese and three tactical sniper rifles that I will not talk about.

But my question to everyone that owns handguns or rifles what do you prefer? What is your bread and butter of the gun world?

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 10/30/04 02:48 AM

Do you think you have enough guns? Just a joke, the more, the better! I'm a Glock man. Rifles, mmm I'll say Remington 700 series, affordable and accurate. Shotguns, Mossberg, affordable, reliable. Subs, MP5. And of course, military.. the old M60.

C.Roman
Posted by: Big Bear

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 11/09/04 01:56 AM

I don't know too much about firearms but we are standard issued witht the Glock 17. It seems to be a real sweet number. I have also fired the MP5 which was a real treat. An absolutely fantastic gun to fire.
Posted by: kman

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 11/28/04 09:46 PM

my favorite handgun is a colt 1911 commander thats had the combat/carry package done by a good gunsmith with the glock 23 or 19 as a close second.I prefer shotguns over rifles for police/security work. 12 gage pump with an 18 1/2 inch barrel. Brand isn't nearly as important as operator skill and mindset As for rifles,,AR-15 or M-4 variant for general duty. For serious accuracy and hitting power I have a savage model 10 short action in .308 with a heavy barrel fitted with a target trigger and a 10x mildot scope. It holds 1/2 a minute of angle with lake city match ammo. K-

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 11/29/04 09:51 AM

Glock 22c

Glock 27

H&K USP 9mm

Remington 870 Shotgun

Colt M-16 (Military surplus)
Posted by: MartinR

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 11/29/04 01:08 PM

Glock 19 - on-duty & some off duty carry. (Fits my hand better than Glock 21, and I like the reputation for reliability of the 9mm Glocks).

North American Arms (NAA) Guardian - general BUG (Backup Gun) & off duty carry. .32ACP

NAA Mini-Mag revolver occassional off-duty carry. .22MAG

Remington 870 w/ 18" barrel. Everyone but everyone has to have a pump shotgun, & this matches the local department issue. 12Gauge

Bushmaster AR-15 w/ 16" barrel - MOA accuracy in a small package. .223 Remmington

.22 DA revolver - best beginner cartridge handgun. (Cheap ammo, low recoil, simple). (Mine is a Taurus model 94).

Quality .357 MAG revolver (Ruger, S&W, Taurus, or Colt). This generally would be my recommendation for a novice or infrequent handgun shooter who wants to have a handgun for self defense, but is not willing to practice with a semi-auto to maintain proficiency. Use .38Spl for training but capable of using magnum loads for self defense. (I've got a Ruger SP-101, but there are several good options).

Ruger Mk-II - a great.22LR beginner pistol for someone who is interested in later stepping up to a semi-auto center fire handgun. Cheap to practice with and safe to dry-fire without damaging firing pin.

Your fellow gun-nut,

Martin

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 11/29/04 10:11 PM

MartinR

Fletch1

kman

If you guys ever hit my town let me know I will buy all the rounds we need and we will go blast the you know what out of everything at this outdoor site I know.

P.S. I will bring the Flash Bangs for fun. And some new O.C. grenades I just got in.

OCman……
Posted by: mark

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 11/30/04 12:42 AM

Its a different world!!

Im English, I recently took a trip to London. Ambled by our houses of parliament.

And I was absolutely fascinated to see the fire arms that our police were carrying, oh sure I had seen police with MP5`s and glocks at airports. But to see them walking our streets with them, well, I (and most other Brits) just stared at them in awe….

And yet here you talk about the veritable arsenals that you carry/own as a matter of course..

And to think Britain is supposed to have one of the toughest gun laws in the world..
I cant even own a single barrel 4-10 shotgun!!!

As for flashbangs………………….

Oh well I think I will have to stick to playing counterstike on the net….

Regards,

mark

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 12/01/04 08:40 PM

Para-Ordnance P-13 in .45 ACP

But like the man says, the only reason for a handgun is to fight your way to a rifle.

Colt Target Model AR-15
Posted by: kman

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 12/02/04 05:34 PM

OC,,where do ya live? too friggin cold up here to recreate outdoors without a snowsuit until about april. I hope you live someplace warm. I'll take you up on that offer of free ammo. you'll be a pauper when the part is over LOL.BTW,,I wonder how flash bangs would work for fishing? K-

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 12/02/04 07:50 PM

Kman: I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. As far as Flash Bangs for fishing, that would be a site to see, I have know idea what would happen.

OCman….
Posted by: Big Bear

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 12/20/04 08:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mark:
Its a different world!!

Im English, I recently took a trip to London. Ambled by our houses of parliament.

And I was absolutely fascinated to see the fire arms that our police were carrying, oh sure I had seen police with MP5`s and glocks at airports. But to see them walking our streets with them, well, I (and most other Brits) just stared at them in awe….

And yet here you talk about the veritable arsenals that you carry/own as a matter of course..

And to think Britain is supposed to have one of the toughest gun laws in the world..
I cant even own a single barrel 4-10 shotgun!!!

As for flashbangs………………….

Oh well I think I will have to stick to playing counterstike on the net….

Regards,

mark
[/QUOTE]

Mark,

where i live its wierd to see a copper without a firearm now. I would feel naked without mie, but saying that i hated carrying it to begin with.

Where i work in N.Ireland we travel in armoured cars, not land rovers mind (well sometimes when we have to go into a dodgy area, but armoured cars a re a night maer. But again i would feel naked working while not in one.

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 01/24/05 10:01 AM

Glocks **** , everyone if you are in denial thats fine, but if you're shopping for a new weapon try the Glock along side the Sig.. I've NEVER had anyone stay with the Glock when I've taken them shooting. In every case my friends' shot groups were tighter, first time using the Sig.

Unless of course you're a Glock fanatic and won't try objectively. For you all, Glock could put out the "Glock 55 Rubberband Shooter" and you'd call it remarkable!

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 01/25/05 02:48 PM

Unless of course you're a Glock fanatic and won't try objectively. For you all, Glock could put out the "Glock 55 Rubberband Shooter" and you'd call it remarkable! [/QUOTE]

Or you could be well informed and have read the mountains of research and field tests that show that a Glock is arguably the most tactically sound handgun ever created. I am not a "gun person" per say. I choose the the gun that has the most backing, and history of sucess. I don't think any other handgun can compete with glock in those areas.
Also, I would be open to the "rubberband shooter" as long as it had the stopping power and reliability that I need [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by lukeduke (edited 01-25-2005).]

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 01/25/05 07:01 PM

Espadamagna: Glock vs. a Sig please. The first weapon I ever shot was a Sig 9mm and then went to a 40cal and still didn’t like it.

But that is not the point here, the point is, if your educated in weapons it is not about denial it is about knowing what weapon you shoot the best.

I could say an H&K is better than all but that is just an opinion.

Glocks, Sig’s, H&K it doesn’t matter there all great weapons in the right hands.

I have five Glocks, for work and play. Because I fire better with them. Does it mean it is better than a Sig, no I just shoot better with Glocks.

OCman...www.FrankMir.com

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 01/26/05 04:06 PM

OK, after looking at this for a few months I'll bite.

Glock 23 (work issue)
Glock 27 (personal & work)
Mossberg 500 - Cruiser
22 mag derringer

That feels better. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Be well,

- KiDoHae

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 01/27/05 08:59 AM

hmm for me id have say pistol id go with my kimber tactical elite .45 or maybe my glock 10mm. For rifle id have to go with the good old ar15 or maybe my old school mosin nagant 1938

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 01/30/05 06:12 PM

Kimber .45 nice weapon.

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 02/23/05 01:42 PM

im another english person and jesus your talking about guns that i have only ever seen in pc games(cs, best game ever) over here no one carrys guns, i suppose its better like that, you cant defend your self with a gun but hey he aint gonna have a gun so you can just run like hell and not expet hot lead in your back.
P.S. how bad is it over there, i mean with gun crime?

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 02/24/05 01:17 PM

i like glocks, they are all ive every carried ever since the academy days.
i like the sigs, ive shot a few and i find them excellent pistols.

BUT-arent sigs of a bit HIGHER cost? one of those get wat u pay for things....
Kel
Posted by: MartinR

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 02/25/05 08:11 AM

sonik,

I do not know specific statistics, but I'm pretty sure that "gun crimes" are not too high relatively speaking. You might try: http://www.nra.org/
or some FBI crime statistics.

It is my understanding that some of the "gun crimes" are drug dealer and gang-vs-gang related (especially when it comes to youth). Accidental deaths due to firearms is extremely low and has dropped over the last 50 years or so due to education (primarily through the NRA) despite the dramatic INCREASE in the number of guns in the US.

I do carry a concealed handgun most of the time when I am in public. Not because I am fearful that I will need it on a daily basis, but it is a tool that effectively can deter or stop a violent criminal act if I am ever in that situation. I have carried a handgun on and off duty for almost 8 years - rarely drew it in the line of duty (reserve deputy), and never fired a shot at a person (I did shoot a snake and almost had to shoot a dog).

For me, my firearms hobby satisfies a few interests. As an mechanical engineer, I am facinated by mechanisms of all sorts. As a martial artist, I like devices that help in self defense situations. I enjoy target shooting. Some people like golf or some other sport, but I like the challenge of being able to hit a small target with a pistol. I also like collecting different firearms - mainly handguns, but also rifles and shotguns because each one if fascinating in its own way. Firearms for me is a hobby - but a hobby with a purpose.

In recent years, various states (38 I think) have allowed law abbiding citizens to carry concealed handguns. During that same period, the violent crime rates of almost all of those states have dropped while rates in most of the other states have risen. Admittely, there may be other factors at work (i.e. longer sentencing for habitual crimials). However, it seems logical to me that a criminal will be less likely to attack if there is a chance that their potential victim may be able and (legally allowed) to effectively fight back with a deadly weapon.

I have heard that citizens are not leagally allowed to fight back against criminals in England and Australia - and this is a major reason why violent crime has been on the increase in these countries.

I think the Founding Fathers of the United States had a good understanding of a free country in regards to firearms by allowing it in our 2nd Ammendment. Firearms in the hands of free citezen is a tremendous deterant to not only the criminal on the streets but also to over zealous governments (whoever they may represent).

Martin

[This message has been edited by MartinR (edited 02-25-2005).]
Posted by: mark

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 02/26/05 06:16 AM

I have heard that citizens are not leagally allowed to fight back against criminals in England

incorrect.

the minimum force needed to ensure the return to a safe situation

mark

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 03/03/05 12:57 PM

http://www.bsdgb.co.uk/index.php?Information:The_Law_Relating_to_Self_Defence

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 04/28/05 11:19 AM

who needs guns when you have hands.

9mm easy to use and harder to trace just in case.
Posted by: PaulHart

Re: Glock-N-Roll. What is your favorite weapon? - 06/28/06 12:18 AM

Mine would be a nice 1911 either Colt or Springfield with some reliability work done to it. For long guns I wouldn't mind a MP5 but would much prefer a Steyr Aug. If I was needing to carry my pistol every day I would consider a Glock, in 357 Sig, .40 Cal or .45 ACP. They are lighter than the 1911 and just as reliable. For really precise work, I will take a Robar .300 WinMag. Great for Sniper work, or a Barrett .50 Cal. I guess I do not really have a favorite weapon. My trusty knife is always with me, although I have only used it on those pesky boxes and an occasional Apple.