Law Enforcement Tapes

Posted by: Anonymous

Law Enforcement Tapes - 06/28/04 03:02 PM

I am looking for some good LE instructional tapes. I looked at ISR Matrix, which looks pretty good. I also looked on the KravMaga.com website, and that looked decent. Any recomendations on some good quality tapes?

Re: Law Enforcement Tapes - 06/28/04 09:21 PM

For Law Enforcement Tactics you will not find a lot on video. The ISR Matrix tapes, although packed full of valuable information, are a skeleton of the system. They outline what goes on in a two day workshop. They are both a guide for those familiar with the system and an introduction for those who are not.

This was by design as the founders. They know that the heart of a solid Police DT system cannot and should not be communicated solely by video. Without feedback and qualified coaching even a comprehensive program like the ISR is reduced to a collection of moves. Seek out qualified instruction via:
www.isrmatrix.org
www.straightblastgym.com

Re: Law Enforcement Tapes - 08/21/04 12:55 AM

The best teacher is experience. Find a job in the field that is proactive and go for it.

Most of the time, you will find, the best option is no option...if you have to use force, or are in a position where you are defending yourself then chances are something went wrong. Simple arrests aside, your best friend is the interaction between your brain and mouth.

There is no real martial art geared for law enforcement. In fact many law enforcement systems take snips from many different martial arts, but the fact of the matter is you have to work hard at deciding what works and is comfortable for you.

Find a partner to work with and take it from there.