Funny Story

Posted by: Big Bear

Funny Story - 01/26/04 07:31 AM

Tonight i have to attend an open night for new Student Officers.

I have been lookin forward to this for ages as it seems that to join the police has been the only thing on my mind of late.

Anyway, on saturday i was trainingin my JKD gym as per usual. And with saturday being the sparrin class, i naturally sparred. The guy i was sparrin with, although much smaller, is a hell of a lot more experienced than i am. He is a great teacher and does everything he can for you in class but as he still competes, he spars as well.

So once i get geared up (shin and foot pads, gloves, and mouth piece) i am ready to start.

So Here i am sparring away, gettin my head knocked in (its not as bad as it sounds), throwing out a few techniques that i was proud of. I throw a high left roundhouse kick to his head, and BAM!!! Next thing i am on the ground, nose bust open, cut above my eye, and wondering WTF happenned!

Anyway, it seems that i drop my left hand when i throw a left kick (i never noticed this before-but i think i will be more aware of it now!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG])

I have no complaints, as if you are going to learn to fight, you are going to get hit. But my problem is this. and its quite amusing too.

I have this Student Offecers night tonight, and i am attending it with a black eye, a cut above my eye and a swollen lip. I am going to look like i just walked out from a streetfight on saturday night!

They say first impressions are lasting impressions. Let's hope not for my sake. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Big Bear
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Funny Story - 01/26/04 05:26 PM

Good luck, I hope they don't think you are some gangster wanting to join. You should explain yourself if they ask or look strangely at you.

Re: Funny Story - 01/26/04 05:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shotokan:
Good luck, I hope they don't think you are some gangster wanting to join. You should explain yourself if they ask or look strangely at you.[/QUOTE]

Cheers Shotokan.

It actually went well. Gottalking to one of my trainers and she told me that she would get me a name of a man who is based in the training college who is well into his MA's for me when i start!! And here is me worrying that i might have to cut out a few classes!!!
Posted by: Judokid

Re: Funny Story - 03/09/04 10:49 AM

You forgot head gear in your stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: schanne

Re: Funny Story - 03/25/04 02:05 PM

Big Bear, I didn't hear you complain one time about being hit to hard or it's his fault, my be karate isn't for me, blah, blah, blah. Instead you realised why you were clocked and became a better fighter from your mistake...to me your a true "warrior".

Banzai!

Re: Funny Story - 03/26/04 10:52 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by schanne:
Big Bear, I didn't hear you complain one time about being hit to hard or it's his fault, my be karate isn't for me, blah, blah, blah. Instead you realised why you were clocked and became a better fighter from your mistake...to me your a true "warrior".

Banzai!

[/QUOTE]

I wish i was a "true warrior" my friend but i cant really claim that. I do love a bit of rough and tumble though.