Use of Deadly Force by the police

Posted by: duanew

Use of Deadly Force by the police - 01/19/12 07:18 PM

There have been several discussions over the years regarding this topic. Here is a new video by the Force Science Institute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G1ApUEXcbo

Duane
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Use of Deadly Force by the police - 01/20/12 08:18 AM

Something to really think about
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Use of Deadly Force by the police - 04/11/12 02:54 AM

That was an interesting discussion. I was oblivious to most of these factors. I imagine that it's even more challenging to manage the stress for a civilian without LE training.

Re: Use of Deadly Force by the police - 04/11/12 09:54 AM

Stress is individual depending on the person-training of course helps.
Good article by Kathy Vonk one of the great minds in LE training
http://loukatactical.com/articles/Heart_Rate_and_Performance_Under_Stress_Article_to.pdf

Duane
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Use of Deadly Force by the police - 04/11/12 10:16 AM

I know that Mr. Zimmerman was not regular police, but he was armed and he did shoot to kill in "self defense".
It has occurred to me the seventeen year old black man armed with a box of crackers was alone on a dark night, walking through a neighborhood not his own. A large person with a gun accosted him.
In his position, I personally would have assumed the worst and resisted in "self defense". The man with the gun "won".

Re: Use of Deadly Force by the police - 04/11/12 12:43 PM

Once again, when it comes to these situation, whether they involve LE or not-wait for ALL of the facts to come out and let the legal system make its' judgement based on them rather than jumping to conclusions based on defense attorney statements and the statements of "social" commentators who don't know all the facts ( and in some cases don't care because it doesn't serve their agendas).
Based on the current fervor, fanned by the media and others, I will predict that if the prosecutor chooses not to charge him, with a lesser crime than first degree which she has already indicated will not happen, there will be violent protests created by the fever pitch of anger caused by not knowing the facts.Those who have made up their mind of what the facts are will rise up when "their" version of the truth is "ignored".

Duane

Duane