Getting Ready for Boot Camp

Posted by: alam

Getting Ready for Boot Camp - 03/14/08 01:06 AM

Hi,

First time poster, so let me start with some background information. I signed up for the Marine Corps last year, as a senior in high school. I was enlisted in the Reserves, and set to go during last summer. During that time, I worked out some to get from 0 to 18 chin ups, and from 0 to 14 pull-ups. From 59 to 100+ crunches, and got my 3-mile run down to about 23:00 from about 27:00 (still pretty bad, I know). Well the problem was that I could not ship out last summer, and I plan on shipping out this summer. However, during this time I have fallen greatly out of shape. (6 pull-ups, 100 crunches, 24:40 Run time ) In my last 2.5 months in college, I have decided to try and get back in shape again, but I'm not sure if I'm over training or not. This is the work out I'm currently following:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Pull-ups (Recon Ron Program)
Chest Press
Leg Press
Shoulder Press
Incline Press
Pec Fly
3 Mile Run
Pushups
Hello Dolly
Scissor Kicks
Leg Lifts

Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
Biceps Curls
Hammer Curls
Wrist Curls
Skullcrushers
Pushups
Monkey F***ers
Sun Gods
Jumping Jacks
Squats
Boot Clappers
Mountain Climbers
Crunches
Calf Raises

I don't know how to swim, but I am taking a introductory swimming class that lasts one hour on Monday and Wednesday. In addition, I have access to the college's state-of-the-art gym. I am also eating healthier, fitting in 3 meals a day (surprisingly hard for a college student). Is there something else that I should be doing? Am I leaving any excercises out or overtraining?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Getting Ready for Boot Camp - 03/14/08 05:10 PM

Try the Strengthening Forum.
Posted by: alam

Re: Getting Ready for Boot Camp - 03/16/08 12:44 AM

Yeah, wasn't exactly sure which forum this post belonged in. Thanks.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Getting Ready for Boot Camp - 03/18/08 06:45 PM

The training will be more mental than physical. Prepare yourself for that.