I lost my school resource job...

Posted by: hunterkell

I lost my school resource job... - 02/04/08 09:58 AM

because I was selected to fill the vacant K9 handler spot!

Before Christmas a K9 handler retired and they posted the spot. I've been studying like crazy and doing PT for the other part too.

I was notified this morning that I was selected.

I think this is going to be a lot of fun and a new and challenging job that will give me a chance to learn more about law enforcement.

K
Posted by: JAMJTX

Re: I lost my school resource job... - 02/04/08 10:31 AM

Congratulations. K9 handler would be a cool job.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: I lost my school resource job... - 02/04/08 11:59 AM

Cool. major congrats...I take it you love dogs?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: I lost my school resource job... - 02/04/08 12:01 PM

Congrats, Kel.

Re: I lost my school resource job... - 02/04/08 02:12 PM

Thanks guys.

I do love dogs yeah. I currently have a bullmastiff that is 5 years old. We use german shepherds for police work.

The school is very long and requires a lot of work, I think it's going to be a blast!

K
Posted by: laf7773

Re: I lost my school resource job... - 02/05/08 12:32 AM

I was thinking about going K-9 but the Navy recently dropped the NEC for E-6 and above. The only thing we can hold now is kennel master and only if you are already in the community. Looks like i'm just stuck out, which is fine since i have other plans.
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: I lost my school resource job... - 02/05/08 08:13 AM

Congrats. Your life will never be the same. Everything is about the dog now.

LOL

Re: I lost my school resource job... - 02/05/08 08:40 AM

Laf, you're a smart man. It's good to have options (no matter what you do). I had planned on getting out of LE (after I amde my pension date-2 yrs away). Since I picked up this job I will stay in LE for at least the next 5 years and maybe another on top of that (for 1 more dog). That would effectively put me at 30.

Fletch, thanks for the congrats. That's what everyone is telling me. It will be a whole new world for me. Something that will be fun and hard.

K
Posted by: Bushi_no_ki

Re: I lost my school resource job... - 02/06/08 12:24 AM

kel, congratulations.
Posted by: animematt

Re: I lost my school resource job... - 02/12/08 02:34 PM

Congrats. I have met the officer that patrols my general area and his K9 a couple of times =)
Hope it all goes well