Air Force.

Posted by: Spade

Air Force. - 10/11/07 05:51 PM

I've been recently considering joining the Air Force. I will be able to do sign up to do their special forces program.

http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13190,Smith_111303,00.html (copy and paste in browser)

I can do minimums for the push ups, sit ups, and pull ups.

I'm not in the best cardio shape at the moment, so I'm not sure about the running portion.

I use to be on a swim team, I've also done life guarding/swimming instruction.

I'm 19, 5'9 and weigh 145-150 pounds.

I will have to sign a 4 year contract, the first two years will pretty much just be training, then the next two they get their moneys worth out of me.

I understand that I will also be able to do some college while in the Air Force. I currently have 35 credit hours. I want to do MMA when I get out, assuming I'm healthy. If not I will just go back to college and work from their.

I'm considering either Para rescue or Combat Controller.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Posted by: hunterkell

Re: Air Force. - 10/18/07 10:35 AM

www.Specialtactics.com (PJs and CCT live here).

BTW, when you are in training to be a PJ or CCT and it is time to take the tests (something you do periodically) it will be after a lot of physical training and you will be sore, tired, and/or inured. You need to be able to do above the minimums (when you are not sore, tired, and/or injured).

www.romad.com (forward air controllers live here) they are USAF but live, eat, train, fight w/mainly the ARMY. They go to all the cool guy schools and some deploy with ARMY Special Forces also.

There is also a specialty called combat weather for the USAF that is considered special ops. I don't know the site.

Go to the websites read a lot and then ask questions they are good people.

Good luck in your endeavors

Hope this helps,
Kel
Posted by: clavinr

Re: Air Force. - 11/09/07 03:16 PM

Go for it. I'm retired Army. My stepdaughter's fiance just graduated basic training. It sounds like you like to be active and do challenging things...sign and get a bonus...take whatever they offer and sign up for everything that comes along. Before you know it you will have done twenty years and it beats civilian life. Good luck!