Assault

Posted by: Ungeheuerlich

Assault - 07/03/07 07:23 PM

My friend was recently assaulted by a couple of youths and suffered head trauma as a result. The story goes: They were walking around the back of a building when one of them was hit on the head with reasonable force by a youth, one of them retaliated and got them off their friend. Soon she was being hit with glass bottles and soon the youths attacking her scattered, she was taken to the local police station with head trauma,treated and then told because she was a kid they wouldnt take her to court but they said she could be prosecuted for assault by getting the youths off her friend.
I really don't see the logic in this and as I am 15 years old myself I would appreciate how this could be dealt with if I was there. These are the laws in Northern Ireland I don't know about anywhere else though.
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Assault - 07/05/07 02:39 PM

Assault & Battery.

Nothing can be done about this now to prevent what has happen, but stepping back maybe she can figure out some of the ways that it could have been prevented. Theres tell sign before the attack.

As it is with the predators of the wild usually theres some kind distraction and encrouchment. The difference is 80% of the cases in the wild the animal does this to eat/survive, its not mindless, could be territorail even with the humans.

It seems like mindless violence, Now more then ever its part of the world.

Being self-aware and knowing when its time to move or say the right thing. Theres a time in such mindlessness that the only option is not reason but flight or fight, basic survival. Against multiple behind a bldg. flight might be the best option.

Could she pick any of them out of a suspect line up?

Hopefully she recovers physically, probably won't be the same mentally.
Posted by: hunterkell

Re: Assault - 07/09/07 01:06 PM

I think one of the most common mistakes I made when I was a juvenile was ALLOWING myself to be in the wrong places at the wrong times.

Eventually, I grew wise enough to learn the difference (altho it was NOT an overnight process).

K