infantry and mma

Posted by: damelio

infantry and mma - 05/01/07 09:26 PM

i am currently a class b private for the canadian armed forces (yes i know im a wimpy reserve haha)i plan on going fulltime infantry in about 3 years, enough time to finish school, etc. but anyways, as a reservist, the canadian armed forces does not instruct hand-to-hand combat anymore. at least not at my regiment, and this was a huge reason why i joined the army, to learn to fight, and get strong without paying the membership fees at a gym and dojo or whereever. i want to be invovled in mma, pridefighting kinda deal, as well as learning how to fight in life threatening situations. which would be the most accomadating, muaythai, juijitsi, taw kwon do, etc?
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: infantry and mma - 05/01/07 10:50 PM

are you near...

www.sbgi.ca ?
Posted by: MikeC

Re: infantry and mma - 05/13/07 04:03 PM

He is not even close. 6hours by car. Mike has a nice school.
Posted by: MikeC

Re: infantry and mma - 05/13/07 04:06 PM

I would for now get a membership at least at a local gym. Are you a member of the Lincs and Winks?
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: infantry and mma - 05/13/07 04:26 PM

Too bad. Mike and Rebecca are good people.

My friend Rich Beaupit is up there as well but I confess that my Canada navigational knowledge is non existent.

www.richbeaupit.com
Posted by: schanne

Re: infantry and mma - 05/14/07 02:42 PM

Depending on the army to teach you Karate is like going to a women self defense crash course. It's going to take a lot more than a nine week boot camp to learn self defense. If they have a dojo on base or some type of gym where you can train will help but don't think for a minute that your going to be like Chuck Norris or Ramboo just because you joined the army.....that's Hollywood.

Ooh you will learn how to run a lot, do sit ups and push ups. After a day of boot the last thing your gona want to do is go train in MA......sleeeeeeeepppppppp.
Posted by: Bushi_no_ki

Re: infantry and mma - 05/14/07 06:05 PM

Schanne, even after the day of running and pushups, and soldier training, you're still not done. Sometime in the middle of the night, you get woke up, put in full uniform, including weapon if it's drawn from the arms room, and pull fireguard. And Heaven forfend if a DS finds you sleeping on fireguard!