MD instructor charged with child abuse

Posted by: MattJ

MD instructor charged with child abuse - 03/14/06 01:48 PM

From the Baltimore (MD) Sun Newspaper:

"An Owings Mills martial arts instructor has been arrested and charged with the sexual abuse of a 9-year-old girl, Baltimore County police said yesterday.

Jacob Davis Jr., 51, of the 4600 block of Sherwood Mills Road was arrested and charged Thursday. The abuse began in 1999 and continued for about two years, police said yesterday. The girl was abused at her former home in Bel Air, at Davis' former apartment in Owings Mills and at the martial arts school where he has taught, in the 9600 block of Reisterstown Road, according to police.

Davis, who police said is a friend of the girl's family, is charged with child sexual abuse, attempted second-degree rape and other sex offenses, according to police. He was being held yesterday in lieu of $300,000 bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.

The arrest was the culmination of a joint investigation involving Baltimore County police and detectives from the Harford County Child Advocacy Center."
Posted by: JoelM

Re: MD instructor charged with child abuse - 03/15/06 01:01 AM

Sickening.

Unfortunately that is not the first article I have seen about a MA instructor abusing children.
Posted by: Galen

Re: MD instructor charged with child abuse - 03/16/06 07:54 AM

I am not exactly sure what the point is in posting this...

Don’t get me wrong - its a sickening crime, and words the English language doesn’t have enough words in it to describe the tortures this guy should suffer, but...

why post it here? Because it was a martial arts instructor who committed the crime? And the point of that? That martial arts instructors commit crimes?

I am not trying to be facetious or antagonistic – I am just trying to understand the point…

Thanks

G
Posted by: ziggytkd

Re: MD instructor charged with child abuse - 03/16/06 05:09 PM

Even being a MA instructor won't help him if they put him in gen pop. Too bad they will probably have him in PC.
Posted by: MikoReklaw

Re: MD instructor charged with child abuse - 03/20/06 07:58 PM

Quote:

...Too bad they will probably have him in PC.

Only until after his trial. After he is convicted, General Population gets to have their way with the child mollesting pervert. Oh, and the MA instructor thing will make it worse. The SECOND he starts to fight back, there will be 15 people on top of him...and the guards will just watch...if they aren't helping the inmates.
Posted by: RangerG

Re: MD instructor charged with child abuse - 04/17/06 04:40 AM

Perhaps the point is that we should all be aware that this sort of thing goes on in MA schools all across the world. And as honorable people, we should be aware of it and do our best to prevent younger and female students from being or becoming victims. Even teachers with years of expereince and first class reputations have fallen into the abyss of child molestation or sexual harassment of female students.

Matt's post serves as a "heads up" for us all not to turn a blind eye to abuse within the gym/school/dojo. I would also add racial or sexual discrimination to that list, for any Teacher/Instructor who would engage in discrimination or bias of any sort, has built their school and reputation on a rotting foundation, and dishonor themselves and the form they teach.

Posted by: who238

Re: MD instructor charged with child abuse - 04/17/06 01:04 PM

We should be our guard when dealing with people who interact with children regardless of what position that is held. MA, Church, schools, rock stars, etc. have appear in newspapers for child sexual abuse.
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: MD instructor charged with child abuse - 04/26/06 08:57 PM

Fox News ran a report this morning that included an interview with a police chief who was arresting a 13 year-old's mother because he got into a scrap with his best friend (age 15) and SHE made him go back and "settle things". He ended up hitting the other kid in the head with a rock and killing him, and they are now charging both the 13 year old and his mother with murder.

Apparently, in some families, you don't have to watch just the "others" their kids come in contact with... you have to watch the parents as well.