pepper sray and stun guns

Posted by: c_maj7th

pepper sray and stun guns - 09/10/05 06:18 PM

two Questions.
1) do stun guns shock the user as well as the attacker, if the attacker has a tight hold on the user of the stun gun?
2) is pepper spray still effective if you do not have the time to shake it up vigorously?
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: pepper sray and stun guns - 09/11/05 05:13 PM

Unless you directly shock yourself in the process, you should not get a shock by simply touching the person getting shocked. To get shocked, you would have to complete the circuit by placing yourself in the middle of the current. In the use of the Taser, touching the person between the attached probes will give you a good dose. For this reason, police are trained to wait until the instant the shock stops, to go in for physical control and cuffing. The danger of touching the wires or getting in between the probes while the person is locking up an twitching is a very real possibility. If two people are fighting on the ground and one is hit with a Taser, the circuit will not be complete to shock both unless the other guy is connected between the probes or one of the probes is connected to him.

Most commercially available pepper sprays will retain their consistency and mixture through the agitation of normal carry on your person. Unless you keep it on a shelf for a long period of time, just the movement of walking around and getting in and out of a car should be enough to keep the cannister and contents functional.
Posted by: webby

Re: pepper sray and stun guns - 09/12/05 03:36 PM

intresting..... how much are the pepper spry now days??
Posted by: paradoxbox

Re: pepper sray and stun guns - 09/12/05 06:53 PM

At your age you have no need for it.
Posted by: webby

Re: pepper sray and stun guns - 09/13/05 11:24 AM

i never said i wanted one...i have a baton thingy on my key ring so i dont need one any way... i was just asking how much they are now days..and y does every one have to stab at my age???
Posted by: c_maj7th

Re: pepper sray and stun guns - 09/19/05 10:31 AM

thanks fletch