ISR Matrix

Posted by: Dingo

ISR Matrix - 08/15/05 06:28 PM

The Black Belt Magazine article and thread about ISR Matrix have left me wondering.

Honestly does it work? I graduated the academy not too long ago and I was taught both PPCT and PCR. I find myself never using either on the street. They just never seem to apply to a situation or don't work when I need to go hands on. I usually fall back on a method of handcuffing I was taught, but isn't PPCT. I don't fight often, but when I do, I find myself going to my BJJ background.
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: ISR Matrix - 08/16/05 02:23 PM

In response to your question:

Does it work?

As a BJJ player myself, I can tell you that it not only works, but you don't have to go to the top of the food chain to see it work.

The ISR is a problem solving process. It integrates LE specific strategies with athletically provable maneuvers & tactics and follows a clear path of progressive resistance.

That being said, the ISR Matrix is not BJJ for cops. It is not wrestling for cops. It is not Muay Thai for cops. Etc. It includes elements and concepts that however, are proven across the globe in these activites on a daily basis.

The magic is in the method. How do you teach functional and athletically provable material to someone in a very short amount of time and give them enough "flight time" to have confidence in their abilities? I think the ISR addresses this better than any other system.

I'd rather not turn this into an ISR commercial though. If you have specific questions, I would be happy to address them via PM or e-mail.

Fletch