Speaking Of Tazers

Posted by: Ktulu

Speaking Of Tazers - 06/07/05 11:54 PM

Speaking of tazers, I have some questions. 1st of all here is a link
http://www.gungfu.com/cart-htm/weapons_personal_security_stun-guns.htm

on this site there are tazers advertized up to 400 thousand volts. My question is how many volts are needed to make a man instantly fall down and choke on his own vomit? U know what I mean, isnt 400000 MORe than enough?
Second my friend owns two cattle prods. We dont know the voltage on them. Are cattle prods similar to tazers? He says if he held it to someone theyd instantly be unable to atttack him. I zapped myself with one (yes I know, not bright) but I found it far less painful than id expect, and I told him i doubt it would take me down before i got at least a few good hooks onto him, especially with adrenaline going. He disagrees. What do you think?
And lastly, what is the cost in canadian dollars for a good effective (NON DEADLY) tazer?
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/07/05 11:58 PM

It's not the voltage, it's the amperage that's important.

Are you even allowed to have a taser in Canada?
Canada has some really restrictive laws regarding weapons in the hands of civilians.

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/08/05 12:00 AM

I honestly dont know if theyre legal here or not, I havent looked into it and dont know anything about tazers or tazer laws. Im mainly just curious.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/08/05 12:01 AM

Quote:

My question is how many volts are needed to make a man instantly fall down and choke on his own vomit?

Pardon the language, but what type of F----D UP question is that?

How old are you?

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/08/05 12:03 AM

joel, im 22.
And i said it like that, not that i would like to do that to someone, but because to me (knowing nothing about how electricity works) 400,000 volts seems to be enough to take down an elephant!

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/08/05 12:14 AM

Well, if you don't know anything about it, you shouldn't go assuming things like 400000 volts will take down an elephant and that any amount of electricity will make a man instantly fall down and choke on his own vomit.

Do some research.

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/08/05 12:19 AM

Thats EXACTLY what im trying to do! RESEARCH! Any useful posts to help me understand this topic? Appreciated all! Thanks!

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/08/05 12:26 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser

Do some real research. Took me 45 seconds.

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/08/05 12:41 AM

You know, its cocky posts like yours Joel that cause "Trolls" on this forum. I was asking for answers and opinions. Having some guy treat me like an idiot because I couldnt find a site that he found, wich by the way doesnt tell me anything about cattle prods and the voltage they have in them, wasnt what I was asking for. When someone asks "how do you throw a reverse punch" you dont say "go do some REAL research it took me 45 seconds", u help them by linking them to a site (whether it takes u 45 seconds to find or not isnt the point) or you explain it to them yourself.
Now I started this thread because Im curious. Not to argue with someone. So please, if you have something useful for me I appreciate it. If your just gna act like your smarter than me, then please dont post in this thread anymore.
Dont expect anymore replies unless your gna be nice. Thankyou.

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/08/05 12:59 AM

From http://www.hotshotproducts.com/otheruses.htm
Quote:

Prods Have NO Relation to Stun Guns

Electric prods HAVE NO RELATION TO STUN GUNS - they are two totally different products. The output created by electric prods is only a mild electric shock - just enough to help move large cattle and hogs. Stun guns, on the other hand, create outputs designed to knock a person down so they can run away from their attacker. Because electric prods only produce a mild shock, if a person was shocked with a prod it would feel somewhat like a bee sting.

So a cattle prod is actually a lot less than a stun gun in voltage (Hot Shot LM36 is only 5000 volt). That is why you could retaliate to your friend.

I apologize for sounding like an ass, yes it was my intention, but I was annoyed by the phrasing of your question, it seemed very immature.

As for personal experience, I have been shocked by a 1,200,000 volt stun baton (yes, 1.2 million). It was not a horrible experience, and yes it was voluntary (three out of the four times[leg, arm, arm, and abs]), but I also believe it was pretty low on the amperage. I think the company may have wanted to pump up the voltage to look impressive, I'm not sure.

Again, I'm sorry for being an ass, but watch how you phrase things. I hope we can converse more in the future.

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/08/05 01:04 AM

Apology accepted. And info appreciated. I will watch how I phrase things from now on. And apologize for me ignorance and/or if anyone is offended.
Again thanks for the info.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/08/05 11:02 PM

Not about tasers, but related to original question:

Lightning Specifics

Voltage in a cloud-to-ground strike is 100 million to 1 billion volts.

20% of all lightning victims die from the strike.

70% of survivors will suffer serious long-term effects

From Lightning Facts

100 million to 1 billion volts only kills 20% of people it hits.

It's the amperage that kills.
Posted by: MAGr

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/09/05 10:44 AM

The body is a very bad conductor of electricity. When you get hit by lightning most of the current passes around the body rather than through it. If it all passed through the body then the body would in effect turn into ashes.
(pulverised) I love that word!
Posted by: RangerG

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 06/12/05 08:31 PM

I think there was a US Park Service Ranger who had been hit something like four times with no ill effect. My luck I would get hit once and end up like a breakfast sausage...
Posted by: awais786

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 07/12/05 02:25 PM

Quote:

Speaking of tazers, I have some questions. 1st of all here is a link
http://www.gungfu.com/cart-htm/weapons_personal_security_stun-guns.htm

on this site there are tazers advertized up to 400 thousand volts. My question is how many volts are needed to make a man instantly fall down and choke on his own vomit? U know what I mean, isnt 400000 MORe than enough?
Second my friend owns two cattle prods. We dont know the voltage on them. Are cattle prods similar to tazers? He says if he held it to someone theyd instantly be unable to atttack him. I zapped myself with one (yes I know, not bright) but I found it far less painful than id expect, and I told him i doubt it would take me down before i got at least a few good hooks onto him, especially with adrenaline going. He disagrees. What do you think?
And lastly, what is the cost in canadian dollars for a good effective (NON DEADLY) tazer?

wow,dude it's illlegal to have tasers in canada,
Posted by: SkInHoUnD

Re: Speaking Of Tazers - 07/18/05 02:59 PM

Tazers are illegal bud...cattle prods are a tool and your "bud" shouldnt be playing Luke VS Darth with them.I cant beleive you guys even honored this guys question..
"how many volts are needed to make a man instantly fall down and choke on his own vomit?"
Come on..this guy has to either have the mind of a 10 year old or actually be one. Plus he's a little too interested in illegal weapons..hope they catch you at the border if you try and pick one up.