Armored Service Technician

Posted by: JoelM

Armored Service Technician - 05/25/05 11:10 PM

Ok, I was looking through the classifieds and I saw an ad for an Armored Service Technician for Loomis Fargo. The ad goes:
$10/hr. Must be flexible and day of the week (40-55 hours)
You will recieve:
*Paid Training*Free Uniforms*Free school for Georgia Weapons Permit*Medical afte 6 months*life, dental and vision after 4 months

Here is a link to their website, I think the job is basically the driver position from what I can tell.
http://www.loomisfargo.com/drivers_1.htm

Does anybody have any experience in this job field and have any comments and/or recommendations? Any help would be appreciated.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Armored Service Technician - 05/25/05 11:55 PM

Yep, armored car guard.
You go into retail stores and pick up bank deposit and empty/replenish atm's.

As far as security guard positions-not to bad.
Unless you get robbed, then it would suck.

Don't know if it would help or lead to a career.

Re: Armored Service Technician - 05/26/05 01:45 PM

Nobody's had a job like this or knows anybody else who has?

(sheesh, and I usually talk about other people being impatient with their questions )
Posted by: hunterkell

Re: Armored Service Technician - 05/27/05 08:44 AM

boy, nek i dont know. those kinds of jobs seem dangerous with little training and not enough equipment and manpower.

do they supply a vest?

what type of weapon do they supply you? ive seen the security guys around here with .38's!

what area is it in? dangerous area?

i think id call up and talk to a driver or worker....

if you get injured on duty, how long does workman's comp cover you? how is the health insurance?

why not just be a police officer, get paid more and better training?

just kicking around ideas.

Kel
Posted by: RangerG

Re: Armored Service Technician - 05/27/05 12:20 PM

$10.00 per hour seems a bit low for the risk of stopping a bullet for a bag of cash. I would also wonder why 6 months until your have health insurance...when the standard is 3.

I would think executive protection, evasive driving trained limo driver or private industrial security would be a better bet.

Night club bouncers get more money than that...

Re: Armored Service Technician - 05/27/05 02:21 PM

Now I'm speaking completely with naïveté here, but is it really that bad/dangerous of an industry? I don't live in that huge of a city, it's mostly a college town (Athens, GA, University of Georgia).
I guess the best idea would be to apply and talk to them about what training and equipment are provided. The ad doesn't say a whole lot about the job and there's no harm in applying and at least going to talk to them.

Than you, guys, any additional comments will be appreciated.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Armored Service Technician - 05/28/05 11:19 PM

It's not dangerous until it is.
How often do you hear of armored car guards getting injured?

In my stores, the guards carry automatics and wear vests.