Go have your hair cut(and buy yourself some shoes)

Posted by: Tashigae

Go have your hair cut(and buy yourself some shoes) - 03/18/07 03:04 AM

As you no-doubt all know, during the month that follows the Chinese new year, having your hair cut may make some touchy god angry ; and if you have any uncle on your mother's side, he might become ill or die (if your mother has no brother, it's safe for you to cut your hair as much as you like though. Which is a good job for Chinese hairdressers, otherwise they would be pretty much totally out of business for one month of the year). The same goes with buying shoes.

The good news is, today the dragon raised its head again , which means you can at last have your hair cut again (and buy yourself a pair of shoes).

So in case you were waiting (I'm sure you all were ), well, now's the time.

Ah, Chinese customs...
Posted by: Sknives

Re: Go have your hair cut(and buy yourself some sh - 10/10/07 11:30 AM

Wow as a Korean American I knew that horoscopes were a big thing in Asia. But I had no idea that Chinese people followed these so strictly! I kinda get the feeling koreans are mostly christian and japanese believe in nothing after death (I'm not sure how big of a following buddhists have there). I was always curious about the chinese ways
Posted by: clmibb

Re: Go have your hair cut(and buy yourself some sh - 10/10/07 04:08 PM

*GASP!* A whole month of not being able to buy shoes?! I don't know if I could manage.

Casey
Posted by: 1d3c

Re: Go have your hair cut(and buy yourself some sh - 10/10/07 09:28 PM

I know I couldn't!
Posted by: Taison

Re: Go have your hair cut(and buy yourself some sh - 10/11/07 06:18 AM

New Nike shoes!

And I finally was able to re-dye my hair red again and trim it! Ahh! The excruciating pain of having to wait for one month!

-Taison out