Travel Training and Learning

Posted by: gibran

Travel Training and Learning - 12/11/05 11:57 AM

Does anyone have experience or knowledge about traveling to other countries and training martial arts/learning the language & culture?
Do you know of a teacher who has private lessons?
If so, where do you live/sleep when not training?

Any help/knowledge would be appreciated.
PM me or post here.
Posted by: kusojiji

Re: Travel Training and Learning - 12/12/05 04:33 AM

Quote:

Does anyone have experience or knowledge about traveling to other countries and training martial arts/learning the language & culture?
Do you know of a teacher who has private lessons?
If so, where do you live/sleep when not training?

Any help/knowledge would be appreciated.
PM me or post here.

I found that the best way to go about it was to find yourself a job wherever it is you want to live/train and take it from there.
Posted by: Ryan_Doherty

Re: Travel Training and Learning - 02/27/06 06:32 PM

Or instead of throwing yourself straight in the deep end, you could find a legit style of MA that has connections in that country, also once you know where your headded start learning the language. See if you enjoy those aspects of the culture and further your experience when the time is right.
All the best.
Posted by: kusojiji

Re: Travel Training and Learning - 03/01/06 11:56 PM

Quote:

Or instead of throwing yourself straight in the deep end, you could find a legit style of MA that has connections in that country, also once you know where your headded start learning the language. See if you enjoy those aspects of the culture and further your experience when the time is right.
All the best.

But that's not as fun!
Posted by: Taison

Re: Travel Training and Learning - 03/02/06 05:32 AM

Agreed.

-Taison out
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Travel Training and Learning - 04/04/06 12:09 AM

happen to come across a program offered:
http://www.wle-japan.com/learn-karate-judo-in-japan/martial_arts.html
looks fun, and they help you get setup with visa and host family stay. I wouldn't expect too in-depth training, but you never know...