The size of pressure points

Posted by: Anonymous

The size of pressure points - 03/21/05 02:17 AM

Hey all,

I was just wondering how big the size of a pressure point on a 190cm(6ft 3) 85kilo(187lb) male would be? And are different pressure points different sizes or are they all roughly the same size? (i've got no idea about these things so i just have 2 ask :P)

Thanks

Re: The size of pressure points - 03/21/05 02:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mt3672:
Hey all,

I was just wondering how big the size of a pressure point on a 190cm(6ft 3) 85kilo(187lb) male would be? And are different pressure points different sizes or are they all roughly the same size? (i've got no idea about these things so i just have 2 ask :P)Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Are you asking about pressure point for healing or for hitting?

[This message has been edited by RyuShikan Tokyo (edited 03-21-2005).]

Re: The size of pressure points - 03/21/05 03:03 AM

mainly for striking with thai styled kicks, knees, elbows and fists

thanks

Re: The size of pressure points - 03/28/05 02:00 AM

Activation points are about the size of a quarter while the actual point is much smaller.

Re: The size of pressure points - 03/31/05 08:24 PM

Sanchin hit it on the head, but giving the dimensions you did, what might change is activation methods. For instance, somebody with the classic beerbelly would make the liver/gallbladder crossing on the edge and slightly under the rib-cage (or maybe it's on the floating rib...can't remeber for some reason..Sorry) hard to hit using the also classic cross upper cut. Instead, you would use a downward strike going in and penetrating to make it work. Same point, different activations based on body type.
I'm not being exact, but you should get the picture. Also, some points may be significantly harder to hit depending on whether they seem to take to bodybuilding or not. Some guys with huge wrists just wont feel the wrist points, but then more than likely the point on the dead senter of their forearm will hurt like burning fire because the overdeveloped muscle on the other end is stretching the nerve out.