Attack from distance

Posted by: Anonymous

Attack from distance - 03/02/05 11:18 AM

Hey all,

We all know Dragonball Z and Ki and so on.. that kind of **** .. But is it possible to releash an attack from a distance wich could affect the pressure point or anything...

I am not trying to be annoying, but still is it possible that about a few centimeters away you could dissable a person for a while, bacause you hit his meridian or pressure points or something?

Thanks in advance

KMBA
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Attack from distance - 03/02/05 11:28 AM

Hi KMBA

"is it possible to releash an attack from a distance wich could affect the pressure point or anything..."

Yes, throw a brick at him!

"I am not trying to be annoying"

Well, you succeeded without trying.

"Thanks in advance"

Not a problem.

JohnL

Re: Attack from distance - 03/02/05 01:17 PM

Yes, throw a brick at him!

A very practical answer given the topic.

Dragonball Z is a cartoon. It is not real.

If you want to hit someone's pressure points, use your hands or feet.

Re: Attack from distance - 03/02/05 04:49 PM

Of course you can temporary disable someone from a distance.

KIAI! A good, strong, blood-curdling kiai...

True you would not be "hitting" their meridians or pressure points, but you would be affecting their shin (and therefore ki) at a much more subtle level. Disrupt the ki, and their body will be temporarily (only very temporarily) immobilized.

Of course, if you spent less time watching cartoons, and spent it learning kiaijutsu, you would not have to ask the question.

Re: Attack from distance - 03/03/05 12:57 AM

LOL, for the first instance I do not use Dragonball Z in this topic, for the second I already have practise the Kiai, but we only do it with Aikido.

I mean, sure we all can throw a punch or kick, but it would be safer en better if you could attack from a distance, out the range of the opponent's hands or feet...

Yes, Kiai works very well... it has been scientific proven, that Kiai (just like a lion roar) can paralyse someone for a moment, of course for a trained fighter it's no problem to use this moment, thus having an immensly advantage..

KMBA

Re: Attack from distance - 03/03/05 11:10 AM

I still worry about you guys!