pp that are attacked by pressing

Posted by: Anonymous

pp that are attacked by pressing - 02/23/05 02:02 PM

hi, i'm interested in pp that are attacked by pressing with the fingers, and that only hurt, and do not do serios damamge.
i have afew exellent charts with the numbers of the points, so if anyone could give me a list of the points that i'm interested in i'll be very gratefull.
thanks

Re: pp that are attacked by pressing - 02/23/05 07:54 PM

Generally, a simple press is not going to get you much from a martial or combative stand point...pressing (in the literal sense) is more along the lines of Tuina and An Mo (Chinese massage arts based on traditional Chinese medicine and the meridian system).

Michael

Re: pp that are attacked by pressing - 02/23/05 11:49 PM

If you research "cavity press" you may find what you're looking for. But, as meijin says, you won't get very far with a simple press. Some points are designed to be poked....er....struck?, dug, rubbed, or sawn.

There are heaps of places where you can affect the body's pain receptors. Not all correspond to accu-points though, e.g. some "ah-shi" points don't even exist on some charts. Some are close to tendon receptors that cause the muscle to spasm, as in the case, when you hit your "funny bone".

You're better off with a medical text and a teacher who can show you where these things are and how to access them. E.g. brachial plexus, sternal notch, ribs, radial nerve, femoral nerve, etc.

You don't want to be doing any permanent nerve damage to people without knowing what you're doing.