Pressure points tutorial

Posted by: Anonymous

Pressure points tutorial - 01/11/05 03:39 AM

Could somebody please tell me all the medium pressure points. I'd rather skip the ones on how to disable a person. It's just my cousin told me of a couple pressure points, like a certain point under the knee, if hit will piss pants (Don't know if true). Could anyone tell me stuff like that, despite the pissing your pants bit. And please don't tell me that it is too complicated. And please don't tell me to get an instructor
Posted by: kempocos

Re: Pressure points tutorial - 01/11/05 08:30 AM

You expect to learn information generaly reserved for well trained MA and refuse the idea of an instructor. Well, charts will not help unless you know how to attack the point and unless you are well trained you will NEVER be able to make use of the points.

Re: Pressure points tutorial - 01/11/05 09:56 AM

Few things:

1. "Could somebody please tell me all the medium pressure points" - there's no such thing as "medium pressure points". There are over 300 PP's on the body, most of which are bi-lateral (on both sides).

2. "I'd rather skip the ones on how to disable a person. It's just my cousin told me of a couple pressure points, like a certain point under the knee, if hit will piss pants (Don't know if true)."

So, you don't want them for self-defence, but to make people piss themselves? Just put their hand in warm water when they're asleep! PP's are an extremely difficult discipline to learn, and take detailed anatomical knowledge plus good physical training. Oh and by the way, that thing your cousin told you, bunch of crap.

3. "And please don't tell me that it is too complicated." - Ok, I won't.

4. "And please don't tell me to get an instructor." - Again, I won't because if you want to learn the things you do, they won't teach you.

Right, let me lay it down for you.

Yes, there are techniques connected with PP that can cause bodily functions to fail. However, they are highly dangerous, can cause long-term damage, and trust me, no-one's gonna tell you them.

If anyone offers you PP advice and it sounds anything like "I know a good point on the side of the head etc etc etc", they know absoltely less than nothing.

Mark.

[This message has been edited by StayUnderMyWing (edited 01-11-2005).]

Re: Pressure points tutorial - 01/13/05 08:08 PM

Ok, i guess i just got my ass kicked over a couple of times. Sorry, i must admit i did sound like a bit of a **** . I don't actually want to make people piss their pants. I just throught there migh tbe some not so long-term disabling but still painfull and simple to learn pressure points.
Posted by: lungqino111

Re: Pressure points tutorial - 03/04/05 10:12 PM

trev,
1. (this is nice for pulling an opponent backwards while stamping on back of knee joint) find the junction between the shoulder blade and collar bone on shoulder, insert finger or thumb push down on brachial nerve.
2. Push up (and around head) under chin, simultaneously "rub" spine from back of neck down to midback.
Here’s examples of pressure point attacks. They’re both relatively harmless, try them out, you'll find they require a degree of finesse especially when under pressure. Some may criticise me for telling you this, but hey I'm telling you this on the net imagine what you could learn from a good instructor by regular attendance. Martial arts were always about combat and fighting despite what the armchair warriors might like you to believe with their pseudo morality, train realistically and you'll soon appreciate and understand violence, and will naturally come to understand where it should and should not be used. Train hard and enjoy the journey!
Niall

Re: Pressure points tutorial - 03/05/05 05:17 AM

I don't think it very likely that without proper training he could apply that technique anyway. Most beginners at least need to see the technique applied by an instructor. Furthermore, such a technique implies he knows other techniques to position himself to apply them. He clearly has no formal MA training and approaching someone in the incorrect manner to try to apply this technique could lower his defences.

Go find a proper teacher and practise for a couple of years. That way you'll become very competent in these techniques. Then when you have some grasp of the techniques, you can come back on this messageboard and tell novices that they should learn their techniques from a proper instructor.

Re: Pressure points tutorial - 03/05/05 02:29 PM

Well I have just started training in Lau Gar kung Fu, Kick Boxing and Torite Jutsu. Everything included in one price so im having a go at a few. And I can honestly say that if you do want to learn all about pressure points then just go and find a propper instructor to show you. I have only had about 7hours training so far and I already know quite a lot seen as I have only been going for about 5days. You cannot learn these by reading and looking at charts. You need someone to show you and to be able to practice them. Im really looking forward to getting good at it all, should be really fun.

thanx
CKS