Learning Preasure Points

Posted by: Anonymous

Learning Preasure Points - 01/08/05 08:05 AM

I love martial arts ,ive done some shaolin kung-fu but I wanted to learn PP or dim mak something that would be sueful in actual life situations plz can some sujest a book or a school.

Re: Learning Preasure Points - 01/09/05 01:01 AM

hey inchrist, how u doin. To be honest, it wasn't the thread that caught my attention but your screen name; being a christian myself i was glad to see a fellow brother/sister interested in the martial arts, and i'm sure that you, along with any other christian or non christian, have come along the controversy of whether it is right to kill or not. Anyway, to answer your thread, a book i suggest is Dragon's Touch by Master Hei Long. Apparently there is a sequel to the book, but i have yet to come across it. It is a very descriptive book, very easy to read and even has pictures and detailed drawing of the striking points and application. Let me know if you come across the sequel.
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: Learning Preasure Points - 01/09/05 04:02 AM

test

Re: Learning Preasure Points - 01/10/05 05:37 AM

pressure points can be applied to any art, you jsut need to know where they are!
accupressure for healing books are good to look at, as pressure points have a constructive purpose, but also a destructive purpose!
but as you should know pressure points can be dangerous. Torite justu teaches you principles and how to use PPs effectively.
look into the dragon society!

Re: Learning Preasure Points - 01/10/05 06:02 AM

Now that's a screen name! Damn I hate that point, well, only if I'm on the recieving end!

I like the DSI. I went to few seminars with Russell Stutely, and they were great. Really wanted to start the syllabus (love those players to the game!), but then I got into the DKI stuff, and found I liked Pantazi Sensei's teaching method.

What you reckon?

Mark.

Re: Learning Preasure Points - 01/10/05 06:48 AM

Hey there!
I have a great DSI instructor here in NZ, 7th dan in ryukyu kempo, teaches torite, aikijitsu, and kobudo, 40 yrs experience in the martial arts! he's quite the dangerous man!
I`m not familiar with the DKI, but my school is everything i could ask for.
DSI is definatly on to it.
please tell me more about DKI

Re: Learning Preasure Points - 01/10/05 07:09 AM

Shinobi:

I woulf have to disagree with you. Hei Long's stuff is on the lower end of the scale in my opinion and based on my experience (your milage may vary). It is right up there with "Ashida Kim" and is "ninjitsu" stuff. He has numerous books out and I would not recommend them to anyone.

What is it about them that you find helpful...if I may ask?

Thanks!