Dillman Books

Posted by: Anonymous

Dillman Books - 01/02/05 03:01 PM

Hi my name is Mike and im new at this forum.

I would like to buy a book of George Dillman but dont know witch one.
I am thinking of one on these 3 books:

-ADVANCED PRESSURE POINT FIGHTING OF RYUKYU KEMPO - Dillman Theory For All Systems

-KYUSHO JITSU - The Dillman Method of Pressure Point Fighting

-TUITE - Advanced Pressure Point Grappling The Dillman Method of Instant Self-Defence

Can anyone here say witch book is the best to begin with?

thnxz you all very much!

greetz, mike

Re: Dillman Books - 01/03/05 07:21 AM

Kyusho-Jitsu The Dillman Method of Pressure Point Fighting.

The three books are excellent. I own all of them.

The videos are another matter. Most of them are old. The were all that was available for a long while. Most people making newer videos and DVDs make them better now. The problem is that many are live seminar sessions and so the camera angle and sound are not that good. With more choices now, you can buy video that was made for video teaching and where sound and visual are adjusted for the camera.

Re: Dillman Books - 01/03/05 09:20 AM

In all honesty and to avoid future confusion, I would not suggest purchasing any of them. I much prefer the DSI's books (the green "reference" book and the red "technique" book).

If you are looking to the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) approach to vital point usage, then I suggest the DSI books over George's. I own all of George's and have been to training with him and several of his higher ranking yudansha. I prefer the TCM paradigm as to what George and most of the DKI teaches.

You have have a look at the DSI products by visiting their website at:
http://www.dragonsociety.com

DISCLAIMER: I am not a member of this organization, although I did co-author the first book (writing the chapeter on the wuxing/gogyo).

Hope that is of some help to you!

Re: Dillman Books - 01/03/05 11:09 AM

I personally own all of Dillman's books and think that they are a great place to start. I cannot comment on other books mentioned because I have not seen them, but do know that the gentlemen from Dragon Society were Dillman's students at one time.

I agree with underdog, there are some excellent videos/DVDs out there that are more current and could possibly give you more for your money.

Peace,

FB

Re: Dillman Books - 01/03/05 01:15 PM

thank you all very much for al this wonderfull information

the reason im intrested in these books is that i tought they might help me in my kata training and wanted to by the book together with a dvd of iain albertney.

so the reason for me being intrerested in this book is becuase i thought that it would help me to understand karate kata better.

i know that Iain Albertney has a book on kata and pressure point to, but i tought it might be better to get the dvd of Alberney and the book of Dillman to not being attached to just one auther and one vieuwing point..

any thoughts...

thnxz

(btw my english writing isn't the best because im from holland sorry)