im poor help me

Posted by: Anonymous

im poor help me - 12/02/04 07:53 PM

Hi, i was wondering if any one could tell me the name of some places i could get some good books because im only 16 and cant get a job becuase my mom needs me. She is on disability and cant work either we dont get much money a month somewhere around 1000 a month so if someone could help me i would really appreciate it because im really anxiouse to learn martial arts.

Re: im poor help me - 12/27/04 09:28 AM

You cant learn martial arts just from books

Re: im poor help me - 01/07/05 08:39 AM

where do you live i might be abel to find you either some books and or a school that doesnt cost much money

and by the way I find you can learn form books.soem ppl are like me they are self thoguht yes i know its better to have an instructer to help u but some sport i find u can learn form a book but not all sports like dim mak i dont sujest u learn that form a book

Re: im poor help me - 01/08/05 09:06 AM

check ebay for stuff. get a bag and fill it with dirt/sand or whatever. www.faze101.com is good. go to your library and borrow what ever they have. don't copy jean claude van-damme because most of it is probabaly b*****cks.teaching your self is not the best way to do it especially grappling and you wont get any real conditioning (taking hits) anf timing from it but itsa a start til your lottery win. and don't neglect running, jumping push ups sit-ups and squats

Re: im poor help me - 01/08/05 03:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Deviate:
You cant learn martial arts just from books[/QUOTE]

Remember that you can learn only so much from books. A person who is trained by a master is better then a person who trained by simply reading a book.

Use the yellow pages or phone book. Find some Schools and ask about there price. If your serious about Martial arts you wouldn't have any obsticles standing in your way. I'm poor too but I did some research and found a school thats right for me.

Hope this helps!!

*Inuyasha*

Re: im poor help me - 01/10/05 05:27 AM

Of course you cannot learn martial arts from a book, but it is possible to teach yourself self defense. Obviously you have access to a computer and internet, and it can be a great resource. study some vital targets and pressure points on the net or in some books. Make sure you know how to strike them, what they do, where they are etc. then simply practice kicks and punches and work on speed and agility.
remember that pressure points can be devistating and lethal, so it would be wise to consult a proffessional!!
just an idea...