Pressure Points for Medical Uses???

Posted by: Anonymous

Pressure Points for Medical Uses??? - 11/21/04 03:23 PM

I was looking on the web for a pressure points chart and I come up with this website on how to use pressue points to "cure" headaches, stop bleeding and so on. I'm curious is that acutally true. I know that you can use them to stop bleeding, but to get rid of headaches and other pains. Anyone got any info? thanks

Re: Pressure Points for Medical Uses??? - 11/21/04 03:38 PM

I don't know how much you already know, so responding could easily miss the mark. Sorry. The most authoritative text I own in my own library is called Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy a Comprehensive Clinical Text by Jerry Alan Johnson, Ph.D., D.T.C.M., D.M.Q.(China) It is too involved for me most of the time. Personally, I studied my medical Qigong with Yang, Jwing-Ming, who has published innumerable and readable texts on the subject. I am fortunate to live near his world wide headquarters in Boston Massachusetts, however, he does travel all around the world and has schools all over. Some medical applications are included in my school and you can learn more about that at Kyusho.com and log onto the forum there. We do get involved in headache cures because one of the side effects of pressure point practice is that people get headaches and the appropriate application of revival techniques helps to reduce these. Other pressure point systems probably have comparable sites. I also live near enough to the New England School of Acupunture in Massachusetts and I take continuing education courses there. If you are near an acupuncture school, they probably also have continuing ed classes. Now- do I believe in it? Sometimes. I'm a nurse trained in the traditional western way. For myself, I have had acupuncture treatments and I find that I get equal benefits from qigong practice. I hope you find at least some of these leads helpful.

Re: Pressure Points for Medical Uses??? - 12/07/04 04:41 AM

moxa on sp-1 should help stop any kind of bleeding. LI-4 is the command point of the face and is indicated in any kind of headache, although other points may be better depending on the type of headache. a differential diagnosis is always necessary though.

check out a theory book on acupuncture for some more info. there's a hell of a lot to know!

Re: Pressure Points for Medical Uses??? - 12/08/04 07:29 AM

Check out a book called:

Acupressure's Potent Points: A Guide to Self-Care for Common Ailments

You can find it on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...=books&n=507846
(you may have to cut and paste the link so it works)

This book is well worth the money and can get you on your way.

Hope that helps.

Re: Pressure Points for Medical Uses??? - 12/10/04 06:09 PM

One of the best websites I have found dealing with the "white" side of PP is:
www.acuxo.com

it gives the medical uses of each point with information on how to locate the point,as well. You will need to know some anatomical terms to fully use this site but you need that information if your are going to delve into PP in any depth anyway. Good Luck.