A different kind of question...

Posted by: Anonymous

A different kind of question... - 11/08/04 12:52 AM

Hey there. I bet none of you are expecting a topic like this. Actually sort of embarrassing, but I'm in a jam. Aside from the summer of jiu-jutsu and semester of aikido, I haven't gotten into martial arts much. Interested, but lack of unlaziness. In fact, I spend a good deal of time Roleplaying online! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

*cough*

So I have this character who has been supposedly training in ninjutsu and the manipulation of pressure points in combat (while I've been off doing real-world things) and I'm going to start playing her again in a few days. Big problem. I don't know much about pressure point manipulation. I don't want anything in-depth, I see all these charts of hundreds of points (on those acupuncture sites that only list the healing benefits) and it's getting frustrating. All I need is a little chart pointing out the 'general' or 'most commonly used' points with a little detail on how they're carried out and what their effects are on the opponent.

It's a freestyle story-based Roleplay and I really need this info. Don't want to be cheesy. If anyone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

-The cute lil ninja girl-
Ruka

Re: A different kind of question... - 11/08/04 03:46 AM

Look up dimmak meridians online or Kyusho jutsu. There are several sites showing point locations and effects www.tajiiworld.com is one I think you can download a book on basic dimmak points.

[This message has been edited by AgenT (edited 11-08-2004).]

Re: A different kind of question... - 11/08/04 01:18 PM

The site is www.taijiworld.com

Look under free stuff. You will have more than enough points from the point locator.

I think that it is cool using this for your character. Make sure to add hitting Three points gives your character the option to KO and not always going for the Kill by using Five Points.

Re: A different kind of question... - 11/08/04 06:47 PM

Thanks for posting the web site. Someone on the forum suggested I get a book by him, which I did and I found it to be worthwhile. I intend to study the site as time presents. Personally, I couldn't get sound on the video clips and I don't know why. I'll work on it. Anyway, thanks. Looks like lots of good stuff.

Re: A different kind of question... - 11/09/04 08:25 PM

Wow, thanks so much! Hehe, I was worried I'd get knocked down for wanting to use the info in RP. You guys are great.

<3